Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

G/C from DIN

Hi girls, hope you dont mind me posting on here. I thought that as you were all pregnant again you wouldnt mind! I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant and ive been having some bleeding and mild cramping since yesterday afternoon. The bleeding is light and is mainly brown but some light red mixed in. Im convinced im having a miscarriage. I know I cant control whats going to happen but wondered if this is what happened to you and is there worse to come? I'm very lucky as I already have a 19 month old and I had a MMC before him so i know i will get through it but im still really worried! xx

Replies

• Hi

Sorry to hear you are bleeding but it does not always mean the worst. You need to get seen so you know what is happening.

I was six weeks when had my mc and I bled lightly off and on for a week and had cramps before i passed my little bean. I had my hvg levels done and they were dropping so i knew i would mc.

Take care and sending sticky baby dust x

Gem x

35+4
  • Hi, thanks for your reply. Hope you dont mind me asking but i presume I will know when (and if) I pass my bean? My MMC was about six weeks and I know the size of it was pretty hard to miss! I'm gonna ring my EPU on Monday, dont think its open on weekend. x
  • Hi Lisa as Gem said it doesn't necessarily mean you will mc, I had 1 mmc and 2 mc's before this PG and was convinced I would mc when I started to bleed this time too, I have had 3 bleeds during this PG and it has now all stopped and I am 27+6 today with a healthy little girl on the way that gets check-ups all the time!

Do go and see the epu though as they will most likely give you an internal scan and at 6w you should be able to see the HB if all is well. If you do continue to bleed you won't necessarily notice passing your bean as it would be mainly clotty and you will most likely have to have a scan to make sure you have cleared everything on your own afterwards if you do mc, let's hope that's not the case. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

BoB. x
  • Hi thanks for your replies! I went to EPU, foetus measuring smaller than it should be but they said it was viable. I have an extra chorionic haemorrage!! That doesnt sound great but sonographer said it was a small area of bruising that was likely to be causing the bleeding and was nothing to worry about. I insisted on another scan at 7 weeks due to previous MMC! Will see how I get on, fingers crossed!! x
  • Hia LisaDuk

I had this too at 12 weeks and spent 3 days in hospital, the bleeding was very heavy (like a tap) and I too was terrified of having another Mc.. But after 3 days of bed rest it calmed down and they let me home. I am still on sofa rest 14 weeks later, and not aloud to lift anything heavier than a dinner plate. I had a scan 2 weeks after I cam out of hospital and they could see the area of bleeding but it had shrunk or reabsorbed as they say. I still got patches of bleeding and cramps for about 4 weeks after the main bleeding incident, but it turned a dark brown colour and was told this was ok as it meant it was old blood from the initial bleed. You just have to rest lots and let things recover, any heavy lifting or exersize can irritate things and start it off again until it is completely fixed. I have been completely fine the last 12 or so weeks and am now 26 weeks gone. So I am sure if you just take it easy and insist on lots of scans to put your mind at rest it will be ok.