Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Reuseable Nappies!

Hi ladies...

I posted this in reuseable nappies but haven't had a response so wondered if any of you could help? :?

I'm gathering nappies to use when my first baby is born in the summer, but I'm a bit confused as to how many I will need?

I am buying a few different types to see what I get on best with, and obviously will get some extra inserts but how many nappies would I need if I was to do a wash say every second day?

(Also reposted in baby)

Replies

• i have 20 and they would last me about 3 days although i tend to wash every other day anyway, we currently use about 5 a day for our toddler but used more when he was smaller just due to the amount of poos! we change about 3 hourly in the day as he loves to drink so wees a lot

i would say 10-15 would surfice to start with, i could manage with less but couldnt help buying more of the fancy couloured ones ooops!
  • it also depends on what kind of nappy you are using and how you are drying them - we have no tumble dryer - and used bamboo nappies which have great absorbancy but take a long time to dry - so we had 20 which i would have to wash every day to get them dry again quick enough when my baby was newborn. but when she was a toddler it was easier as you dont need to change them as often image xxxx
  • We started with about 25, which was plenty, I then got a bit addicted and have loads lol!

Becky

Xxx
  • Thank you ladies - very helpful! And thank you for the discount codes wanna-bump... more reasons to order things :lol: And good luck with the birth of your lo - hope you're not kept waiting!
  • I love it! image I was saying to my mum the other day I wish I'd kept a dolly from when I was little for teaching hubby, he is not so sure of how nappies work. I put one on a teddy the other day, but might buy a little doll for research :lol:
  • Hi Ladies,

I've also got my stock of reusables ready for when our first babay comes (due 3 week on Tues!!) - I was just wondering what you all do with the nappies inbetween washes - I have got a bucket with a lid and a laundry bag liner - but inbeteween washes do you all soak them or leave them dry?

I have read that storing dry is better, but surely then stains are left to get worse?

Any advice gratefully received x

:?
  • My baby isn't quite here yet so I can't report on how good my choice has been but on recommendation I got a littlelamb birth to potty kit.

http://www.littlelambnappies.com/nappy-kits/bamboo-nappy-birth-to-potty-kit

It seems to have everything I need (20 1st size and 20 second size). I washed the nappies a couple of times and they dry pretty quick. x
  • HI,

I was advised about 25 -30 to wash every 2-3 days. the totsbots teenyfits i ahve washed so far dried on the washing line in about 4 hours.

Real nappy week is coming up in May so that's a great time for bargains.

R x