Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

how many weeks feel movement 2nd baby??

hello i was just wondering how many weeks everyone was when they felt there baby moving?? this is my second pregnancy and im 12+4 weeks and i swear we can feel the baby moving when im laying flat and still????

xx

Replies

• some people feel baby a lot sooner in second pregnancys. i felt dd1 at 14 weeks but didnt feel dd2 until almsot 21 weeks.

• I was very surprised not to feel this baby (2nd) sooner than 19 weeks as I felt first baby at 16 weeks and had heard that it is very common to feel 2nd baby sooner but my placenta is at the front which seems to have been the cause of the delay for me.
  • I was 23 weeks with first baby and 18 with second so quite a lot earlier. You are quite early to feel it but I have heard people who say they can feel it that early so it is very possible, especially when you are lying flat and quiet. Enjoy it, I was dying to feel mine. Now at 36 weeks and having the hell kicked out of me I wish sometimes she'd just sleep!!! x
  • it wa about 18 weeks with my first but i also had anterior placenta and this time i felt flutters from about 13/14 weeks x
  • I felt the first at 16+5 and the 2nd at 15+1. All the books say from 16 weeks onwards but slimmer ladies can feel things sooner x
  • I felt my first definite kick / punch at 15+1 but could feel flutters for a couple of weeks before that x
  • Got my first kick at 15 weeks but was feeling flutterings a few weeks earlier..also felt my DD early too.

Gem x

36+6
  • i felt flutters at 8wks but i was having twins image
  • with DS didnt feel anything definite until after 20 weeks but then I had an anterior placenta, with this pregnancy I hae felt flutters for the last week or so, and I am 13 weeks today x x