Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Recommendations for best brands

Hi all,

Just wondered if you'd all like to recommend the "best bits" of all the stuff I'll need for me and baby.

I'd heard on here that Lansinoh is the best nipple cream - is that just from Mothercare or cheaper elsewhere?

Also have in my head that Tommee Tippee breast pads are best?

Would love to hear of any good stuff you can suggest for any aspect of me and baby. Wanting to crack on getting organised now image

Replies

• I'm a first timer so can't recommend anything, although I have also been recommended Lansinoh nipple cream. I have been told they sell it in Sainsburys too but I haven't checked out the prices yet!
  • Sainsbury's have got 1/3 off baby stuff at the moment so the Lansinoh cream is only about ??6 something which is really cheap for it as it is the best. I would have bought it but my husband got me some the other week from the chemist and a tube will last for ages and ages.

I love papmers newborn although the shops own brands are really good too and I have used them all, but I found the pampers newborn best last time for breast fed baby poop.

Tommee Tippee slim breast pads were the best for me.

I used any of the thick maternity pads and just chose the cheapest ones for the first few days after the birth but the Mothercare slim ones were better for me after that.
  • Thanks for the tip about Sainsburys ladies...went and got some Lansinoh last night. Unfortunately the money I saved was immediately wiped out by me wandering into the babies sale rail :lol: