Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New Year Baby xxxxx

Hi Ladies

Ive just found out that Im pregnant, its very early days but wanted to join you ladies

I actually havent told anyone yet not even the hubby as Ive made a card for his birthday on tuesday, on the lines on u and me = 3 and Ive stuck my 3 positive tests inside.

Ive used a due date calculator on the net and my due date is 01.01.2012

We were very lucky and fell in the second month of ttc!

I kinda had the feeling I was pregnant as I felt very different, my hair feels soft, my eyes look different and Im shattered! Today though I had a massive wave of sickness, bought ginger snaps and ginger florentines and hid them in the kitchen from hubby

anyway I just wanted to say hi!

Emma image

Replies

• Congratulations!! Make the most out of telling hubby, I was in such deep shock I woke him up at 5am (after Id woken up needing to pee and decided that was the right time to do a test) and he was far to bleary to get really excited! One of the ladies on here wrapped up a baby grow with 'I love my daddy' on it and gave it to her hubby as a present - always wished I'd done that!! xxx
  • I knew I wanted to tell him in a special way, went all over trying to buy a Dad To Be card but they just arent made!

loads of Mum To Be! Ive done all 3 tests in secret and didnt want him to miss out so I wrote the dates on which I tested underneath each test for him. Tuesday cant come quick enough as Im trying to hide the tiredness and sicky feeling from him, to make it worse Im at a family wedding tonight and Im wondering how the hell Im going to not drink without drawing attention to myself!

Im actually not sure what to do next, when do I make a doctors appt? feel in abit of a panic keeping everything to myself!

Emm image a x
  • Yeah make a doctors appointment. They dont do much, just congratulate you and send your details off to the midwife - you will have your first appointment at around 9 weeks. Remember not to eat any unpasturised foods or anything with raw egg in. Infact, this is good list:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/917.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=130

Congrats again xxx
  • oh congratulations, and what a beautiful way to tell your hubby, mine was rather excitable too and wished i'd of thought about it before i raced over and told him and started crying!! hope you have a lovely 9 months ahead of you and how lovely to be due on the 1st day of a new year, good luck xxxx image
  • Thanks Glitterbug, I dont actually drink any milk either and Ive been drinking at least a glass everyday but again still trying to hide it from hubby! roll on tuesday! Going to mention it to the drs when I go because I might need to take calcium supplements but again I done abit research and during pregnancy some can have risks depending on what they are made from (bone,shells etc)

spent the whole night at the wedding pretending it was gin and tonic when really it was just tonic water!

and had to survey the buffet avoiding seafood, peanuts haha

emmz x

:lol:
  • congratualtions x
  • Well Hubby knows and is over the moon! He is gutted he cant put up his card for all to see!

Going to ring doctors today to make appointment xx