Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Healthy Pregnancy Grant?

I've been looking around on the internet at things that pregnant women can claim for and I've found alot about the Healthy Pregnancy Grant. On most websites it says that women that are 25weeks pregnant before the 12th January can claim it, does this mean that the goverment are stopping as of that date?

Just seems a bit unfair lol

Replies

• yes they have stopped it, to be honest it is a huge waste of money giving evey woman ??190 to do whatever with, it was suppose to ensure women ate a good diet but in reality it was not used for that at all!

suprised it took so long to be cut, paid for my 4D scan last time which was fab, there are other things you can claim if you are a low income family such as the sure start grant x
  • Just to clarify the sure start maternity grant can only be claimed for your first pregnancy and from 29 weeks image
  • As piggypops says, the new government cut it. I do have agree that although it was useful with my DS (it paid for our Nct classes), I did think it was a bit silly giving people money for having a baby! There is money availble still for people on low incomes though incase that aplies.

• Yes, sadly the health in pregnancy grant has been scrapped along with the child trust fund scheme. There are other options out there though such as family tax credits and they're introducing child ISA schemes from 01Nov so keep looking into things.
  • My MD told me yesterday at my 1st appt that they've now cancelled the Sure Start Maternity Grant aswell. I've flicked through my Pregnancy Book and it days the Sure Start Maternity Grant is only for women that get

Income support

Job Seekers Allowance

Income related employment and support allowance

Pension credit

Working tax credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award or

Child tax credit payable at a higher ratethan the family element.

So now I'm even more confused as to whether or not I'll be able to claim for that aswell