Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Learning To Live With Mess

Hi Ladies

Have been thinking about what I will probably struggle with when baby is here, apart from the all obvious...

One thing I will definitely find hard is living with mess. I've always been a very tidy person, everything in its place etc. In fact, sometimes (and I hate to admit it), I'm quite anal about things, cushions straight etc, bed covers all pulled neat. Magazines stacked tidy etc etc.

Now I know that when bubba is here, things like that will go flying out the window. Washing up may sit around for longer than I would normally like, hoovering, dusting etc.

I guess I just have to re-educate myself and try and hold off the need to clean and tidy constantly.

Does anyone else feel like this?

How do you cope? Hubby is brill and always does his fair share, but we're both going to be knackered let's face it.

Zx

Replies

• i do like to keep a tidy home and when i had DS i tried to be super mummy doing everything which landed me back in hospital with a split opened wound from doing to much image

theres no reason you cant keep a tidy home and keep on top of the washing it helps to accept all the help thats offered and remebering that those floors dont need scrubbing down every night :lol:

having a routine definately helps fit those chores in, i am finding it harder now DS is a toddler, as soon as i tidy anything up its out again! i have resigned myself that a clean messy home is a good enough compromise!
  • When Charlotte was a baby I still found it easy to keep up with tasks as she just sat around or slept, now she's a toddler I find it much harder as she makes so much mess & usually no sooner do I clear up than it's a mess again.
  • With my DD the 1st year wasn't so bad, she'd be happy watching what mummy and daddy were doing as long as we were in sight. Now she's 16mths old and mobile she wants to 'help' with everything from pushing the hoover back and forth to taking the duster and waving it about over everything. If only the help wasn't a hinderence (if only she'd still be wanting to help when she hits school age :lol: ).
  • I have to say I'm exactly the same! I'm completley anal about tidying, I can't leave the house in a mess, I have to tidy up and run the hoover round before we go anywhere because I hate coming home to a mess! My hubby gets really annoyed with me, keeps telling me to just sit down and do it later but I can't! I can't sit in a messy room, I have to tidy everything away even if the kids come along and get it out again 10 minutes later I'll still do it. I have to say I've never learned to live with mess I just run myself ragged trying to keep on top of it! I really wish I could be a bit more laid back, after all if the beds don't get made as soon as I'm up or the hoovering isn't done that day what does it really matter? I just wish I could leave things as its certainly rubbing off on my children. My little boy, Theo, is 2 years and 7 months and he's the same, likes everything in its place! My girls however couldn't give a hoot :lol:

xx
  • Am I the only one who is looking forward to having an excuse for the mess? image

Don't get me wrong, my flat is perfectly clean and I hate dirt but I live in what I like to call a "creative chaos" :lol: where I know where everything is but it is definitely not very tidy...
  • Pickles, I really identified with your reply. My hubby gets funny (in a nice way) with me, coz I am forever tidying before we go out so its "nice" when we return.

In fact, at lunchtime today, we had lunch (home-made toad in the hole cooked from scratch by hubby!) and as we were washing up together after, I noticed the kitchen window sills were really duty. I was itching to clean....and I did! Even though it made me a few mins late back to work!

How mad am I! image

I wish I could be a bit more laid back too, hopefully when bubba arrives, it will be a case of having too!

Zx