Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*MrsD* is a mum!

Hi LTTTC ladies

I effectively left the site over Christmas 2010 as I was so, so disappointed with Baby Expert's incompetence in disclosing all our personal data.

However I just wanted to come online and give an update to any of my fellow LTTTCers who remember me to let you know that I gave birth to two beautiful babies at the end of April - a son and a daughter. MrD and I are absolutely besotted, and feel so lucky to have our perfect little family. They were born at 38 weeks and were good weights (3kg each). I'm loving breastfeeding and have even got the hang of tandem feeding (with a bit of assistance with the latch on!). Our two love being awake at night, so we are a little sleep deprived, but they are currently both fast asleep (snuffling quietly) in their moses baskets. I can't even begin to put into words how much I love them.

Our twins were the result our sixth round of fertility treatment - 4 IUIs in 2009 and 2 IVFs in 2010. I am hugely indebted to the wonderful ladies on this board who listened and helped me pick myself up and dust myself down again each time our treatment failed. It was a very difficult journey, but I am eternally grateful to have our babies safely here with us, and I can honestly say every tear and moment of heartbreak was worth it to get to this point.

Huge congratulations to DaisyGirl and MrsBambino on the arrival of their little darlings. For anyone else on the fertility journey, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Big hugs to mums, babies and bumps.

*MrsD*

xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Awwww thats amazing news! Im ever sooo happy your twins are here safe and sound! It is amazing being a mum after such a hard time TTC I didnt have such a hard time as you but still took ages!

Congrats to you and MRD!!! Enjoy every sleep deprived min with your twins!

Yla + Tyler 15weeks old tomoz! XX
  • Options
    Aw congratulations hun Im so pleased for you fantasitic news, and tandum feeding!! Go you xxx
  • Options
    Wonderful news! Congrats my lovely! xxx
  • Options
    What an amazing story! Big congratulations xx
  • Options
    Oh Mrs D that's fantastic news!! So many congratulations. Sounds as if you're doing amazingly well and how wonderful to have one of each.

xxx
  • Options
    Mrs D thats just lovely news-its brought a tear to my eye (well I'm 2ww after DFET!!).

Just so pleased for you.

Helen.xxx
  • Options
    Just seen this - huge congratulations hun!!! Enjoy every second it truly is a blessing.

Much love

S x
  • Options
    Wonderful news - so pleased for you! Enjoy every second & well done for bf-ing - I struggled after my c-sec but am still doing it 7 months later.. (& Congratulations to you Anne - was hoping you'd have good news at some point but not been on here for so long I'd missed it!)x
  • Options
    I never come on here now but I have just seen this (only the 2nd time I've been on here this year!) and absolutely have to say HUGE congratulations to you and MrD. I am so, so very pleased to see 'old friends' get the ending they truly deserve.

I hope you are keeping well and the little ones too.

Fabulous news.

xxx
  • Options
    Very late posting. Pop on to read but rarely post. what wonderful news congratulationsxxxxxx