Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

3 names opinions please

we had picked our name but the closer to D-day were getting i have douts so were back to 3 names whats your opinion on them?

Theo

Oscar

Harvey

sam 35+6

xx

Replies

• I think Harvey 'works' best with your other children's names?

Having said that that Theo & Oscar are on our list - hubby loves Theo and Oscar is my favorite boy's name at the moment. Only problem with Theo and Oscar is they seem very popular at the moment and I'd prefer not to have a 'common' name.

Sorry, realise I've gone on about my preferences but anyway, my vote is Harvey for your bump!

• Theo is my fave, it's my choice for a boy xx
  • Hubby loves all 3 of them he says he has no preferance i flit between them all i love them all but im not 100% on any this is whats making things so hard, think im

1. Theo, 2. Harvey, 3. Oscar, today. who know name scould be SSOOO hard. xx
  • Hi

Its so tricky isn't it. But they are all nice and so he will have a good name whatever you go with.

Is there any which go better with your surname and/or middle name(s)?

The only thing I said on your other posts is that some people will mis-pronounce Theo as 'Feo' which might be annoying. ???

Perhaps you need to see him before making a decision?image
  • I like Theo x
  • theo, think it goes best with ur other lo's names x... as u ahve three u like, could u not jsut wait and see what he looks like when u meet him? weh ad names picked, but always had back ups as ur never 100% sure it's the name until u meet them x

• I like Theo.

It has that very special young child feel to it when they are little, but also is such a strong name to be proud of when they are grown.

Just my opinion.
  • I like all 3 of them but have to agree there are a lot of Oscar's about lately. Picking up on tulip's comment of middle names, I always like to see what rolls of the tongue easier as the full name of the child appearing on passports/birth certificates (e.g. if you chose James as middle name then I would say Harvey is the nicer first name to go with it).
  • I am going to be biased and say Oscar as my ds2 is called Oskar - have you thoguht about changng the spellng to more uncommon forms of the names - to rule out mix ups in school. We didn't know anyone who had called their little ones OScar whn we named our ds2 but chose to go for the alternative spelling to give him a bit on individualism - I now know 2 people who have named their LO's Oskar since but despite being a teacher have yet to teach one.

The other 2 names are lovely as well especially Theo.
  • i love harvey image we thought about that name for our bump if we have another boy but we settled on something else... they are all lovely names image
  • Hi there,

Thats the same three names as we have chosen....how strange. I love them all...i would stick with those three and see what he looks like when he arrives into the world and see what name suits him best. Thats what we are doing.

Also i have made sure that when i walk my dog (as odd as this sounds) that i call out all three names, pretending to call my dog and i am more than comfortable saying these names aloud and in public. Plus all three go well with our surname as we are double barrelled.

Good luck lovely,

Jess 29 weeks today xx

P.s how long have you got left?
  • Iv got 8days left till my section, eeekkk,

so excited now!!!!

think were down to either

Theo

or

Oscar

but waiting to see what he looks like as i have 3 girls im finding it hard picturing a boy so i think once i see him a name will fit easy.................well im hoping anyway.

sam 37+5

xxxx