Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Looking for some advice please

Hi Ladies

I wonder if you can help. I am coming up 35 weeks pregnant and for the past week I have had quite bad backache, literally every day, for most of the day and in the last 2 days I have felt some quite sharp pains down below. Its def. not baby kicking as it feels totally different, just a quick sharp pain that almost makes me want to bend over when it happens.

Is this ligaments stretching do you think?

I also feel like I am walking differently, bending forwards a bit and am also weeing much more than normal.

Any ideas? I am seeing my MW on Thurs so will ask her then, just wondered if anyone else has/is experiencing the same?

Bubba is laying head down already by the way, so maybe she has moved down a bit more??

Zxx

Replies

• Hi, if you're 35wks into term then alas the backache and funny walking could all be related to adjusted posture as your centre of gravity will have shifted to accommodate your swollen bump. Weeing loads is perfectly normal at this late stage as baby will be fighting for the restricted space your bladder usually occupies (especially once they've engaged). As for the quick sharp pains in your back, they are most likely related to BH contractions getting closer to your 'labour'. Hope this can shed some light on what may be happening. Best wishes.
  • Hiya

It could be the baby moving down and the head engaging. I remember getting this with my DS when he started to move down and I can sympathise with you cos it is uncomfortable. At least you don't have long to wait to check with your mw.

xx
  • Sounds like your baby dropping down into your pelvis - have you noticed that your bump's a bit lower? Your pelvis might have widened a bit to accommodate babe which would explain the pain.

Mrs B xxx
  • Thanks for replies ladies, backache has increased a bit today and I have an upset tum - great!!

Just looking forward to seeing MW now tomorrow and talking through my niggles...

Zxx
  • Hi my names Barbara I'm 36 wks going on 37 wks I have the same problem went to mw who referred me to physio I got seen the next day turns out it was because my baby was moving into my pelvis I am now wearing a support belt this has helped alot I still get a bit of pain but the belt helps take the weight off hope this helps.
  • wow girls your lucky. Mine still at breech position. Im 25 weeks pregnant. Do you think it will still move?