Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Probably been done a thousand times before...

But here I go anyway!

I am 28 weeks with baby No 2 and have a question for all 2nd/3rd/4th etc time mummies. With my daughter I went into labour at 40 + 3, laboured for 48 very long hours and got stuck at 9cm, so ended in C section.

I have decided to try for a VBAC this time round, but as usual, my pregnant mind is awash with ideas of when and how it will happen! They do say 2nd labours are quicker and earlier, but most of my friends have not had this come true for them.

So.... When did you go into labour with your first and then subsequent babies?

And how long were your labours?

I can average it all out in the end and try and give my mind something to work towardsimage

Just for the record, I have discussed it with my bump and she has been ordered to arrive at 38 weeks and 5 days, labour no longer than 4 hours!

Replies

• Options
    Afternoon,

I went into labour naturally with my first son at 41+5 and had a 11 hour labour start to finish.

My second son was induced at 42 weeks as no sign of making a break for it by himselfimage this labour was 16 hours from start of induction, but only because they were busy and so wouldnt break my waters as soon as they did that he only took an hour to go from 4cm -10cm and out.

I'm now 5+2 with number 3, so god willing I will be getting an new edition in about 36+5 image I have decided to have no illusions this one will come on time either LOL

Good luck for a quicker labour this time for you x
  • Options
    with first i went into labour natrually at 39+3 and ;labour was 6 hours. with secoind i had sweep at 38+6 (39 weeks by their calulations,38+6 by mine!) and was already 3cms and again had 6 hour labour when she arrived the following day.

baby number 1 was 8lb 7.5oz

baby number 2 was 8lb 9 oz

xx