Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

virginal birth after section

Hi my names Barbara I'm nearly 37 weeks gone with my second boy ,, My first child was an emergency section ( hes 18 mnths now) I have just been told I may have the option to have a normal birth now but I dont know what to do?? I would love some advise off someone this has happened to which was better normal or section ?? I went to 8cm first time one min I'm like yep lets go normal then I change my mind really clueless what to do please help

anyone!! :?

Replies

• hello

i am going to be in the same boat, i had an emergency section and will be due in 7 weeks when DS is 18 months, i want to try for a natural delivery although i have been told if i go over i will be sectioned, the VBAC and sections forum has loads of good posts about this worth a look x
  • "virginal birth"?????? :?
  • i never even saw that :lol:
  • Hi

I had an emergency section with my daughter after 46 hours of labour I didn't dilate past 4cm.

2 years later I went for a vbac with my son and was successful. I went into labour on my own, 26 hours of labour and 15 mins of pushing. I did have an epidural second time and I wonder if that made a difference to me.

Two very different labours. Another friend has recently had a successful vbac and we both agree that we were so pleased to do it and that the experience was worth it. The recovery was better and definitely easier especially with another child to look after.

It doesn't work for everyone my other friend tried and wasn't successful but she always wanted to give it a go