Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Preganancy signs and implantation bleeding

Hi,

I was feeling really sick and nauseous at the beginning of the week, and i was getting headaches. The sick feeling was like nothing i'd ever felt before and along with a couple of other symptoms, like going off some kinds of food, I started to wonder if i was pregnant. So i statred to research online, and became really paranoid so took a test. The result was negative and i started to bleed a little but after reading about implantation bleeding i suspect that i could be experiencing this, as it is similar to what i have seen described and it has stopped now after a day or so.

Do i need to take another test, and if so when?

Also, when taking the test, i got urine on the result window(sorry if TMI!), could this affect the result?

Im really scared and just want to know if i am pregnant or not?

Please give me some advice?

Replies

• Hi, i'd leave it a few says and then test again, I've had regalular bleeding all through pregnancy so far and have only just found out that I'm pregnant less than a week ago and I'm now in the 15th week!

Sending babydust you're way image

Mrs T and bump xxx
  • I think you still could be. You should leave at least a couple of days after i.bleeding has stopped and then take a test. Urine on window may effect test. If it's hard to do, pee in a pot and take the test that way-much easier than aiming, hehe

Good luck xx
  • you shoudl test the day your period is due or after as results will be more accurate. and yes, peeing in the results window can affect the result so i also recommend peeing in a plastic cup or something.
  • I had light bleeding throughout my 1st trimester until wk15 so there's always a chance. It's best to test after your AF due date and most test kits advise you wait 3-4days between tests. The amount of urine on the test can give false readings if too little/too much (the timing and aiming can be awkward and sometimes it is easier to pee into cup and time that way). Best wishes and good luck.
  • Thanks for the advice guys! I will take another test soon and see how it goes, keeeping you informed. image x
  • Hey,

i was just wondering,did anyone who has been pregnant ever experience loss of appetite?

I still havent done another text yet, because i want to be sure it is far enough in before i do to get a certain result, but i am still experiencing similar symptoms with more headaches and loss of appetite.

Usually i eat quite a lot but lately i havent been eating much at all and i have found that i just dont want the things that i usually do.

anyone else experienced something similar?
  • I am not particularly hungry and I am 6 weeks tomorow. I did convince myself though in past months that I was pg with all the correct symptoms only for af to show.

This cycle I didnt not get any implantation bleeding (although its only a small % that do, less than 20%) no symtoms up to af being due and got my BFP. So it really does depend on the individual. I still have no symptoms at all.

Fc its your BFP xx
  • id do a clearblue digital if i were you as if you get faint lines on the others you go mad thinking its a shadow or a evaporation line but defo try to leave it til the day period due or a couple after and do first thing in the morning x
  • I took another test. It was again negative but im still feeling funny. Im thinking i should either go to doctor or just wait and time will tell...
  • i think you need to wait for your missed AF. Goodluck