Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

a lil help with dates please

Hi hope everyones ok im posting this in pregnancy and ttc has im not sure which one to post in,Ive used this site in my last 2 pregnancies and now im expecting a 3rd and this site has never let me down so here goes my story/question sorry its gonna be long.

Ok so the 1st day of my last period was 1/05/2011 i dont have regulaer cycles due to have pcos.

I found out on the 12/06/2011 i was pregnant by using a clearblue digi test which read pregnant 1-2 weeks.

On the 17/06/2011 i took another digi test which read 2-3 weeks pregnant.

Yesterday 24/06/2011 i done another digi text which read 3+ weeks,But yesterday i also saw the gp who said i was 7-8 weeks pregnant which then i tryed explaining to him that that could not be possible had my partner had a been away for 6 weeks prior and the 1st time we slept together when he came home was on the 14/05/2011 which he said they dont go by the day i had intercourse but from the 1st day of last period dont know if you can understand where im coming from i just dont understand how he can date me at 7-8 weeks when i only had sex 6 weeks ago im very confused :? :?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hun,

Your doctor is right, by my calculations you are 8 weeks pregnant tomorrow, as they date you from the first day of your last period, you would have conceived until roughly 2 weeks after this asthis is when you roughly ovulate so you are 6 weeks from when you conceived but classed as 8 weeks pregnant!

Hope this makes sense and congratulations!

Becky

Xxx
  • Options
    yep you should be 8 weeks pregnant as the 2 weeks extra makes for your period and the week after your period up until when you conceived...

congratulations!!! imageimage
  • Options
    The 1st day of last period calculation assumes that every woman has a 28 day cycle - which of course they don't. If you don't know the day you ovulated you won't really be able to work it out any more accurately.

From the dates you've given of your CBD tests I would estimate you're nearer 6ish weeks, but these aren't very accurate either - mine went from 1-2 weeks to 3+ weeks in 5 days!

Don't worry about it though, they'll date you more accurately at your scan and it's better they think you're further ahead than you actually are rather than further behind.

HTH

Mrs B xxx

PS.

Congratulations! x
  • Options
    they will only go bu your LMP until your dating scan, mine was way out with my son but they wouldnt change it until my scan x
  • Options
    thankyou for your input everyone its helped alot u would think already having 2 children id know but this time has really baffeled me and i just couldnt work it out