Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cow & Gate Hospital Ready Bottles

Anyone managed to successfully buy these anywhere? My nearest Asda that MIGHT have them in stock is an hour away! Anyone got them on the internet anywhere????

K x

Replies

• Our hospital still provides them, but at our antenatal classes there was a lady who said she had bought some in Mothercare, in case the hospital wouldn't give them to her.
  • I searched for these online and never had any luck. Asda were sold out and Mothercare did not have any in stock and signed up to be emailed when back in stock (7 weeks ago!) and still waiting! However, I managed to buy some in my local babies r us, and have since seen them in our big mothercare store.

Good luck x
  • Thanks guys! Didn't think of trying Babies R Us and I have one local to me so will give that a try first x
  • wow never thought of this.....when i had my son they sneaked an aptamil from the neonatal for me as i wanted to use it but they only had sma on the delivery ward....i suppose now that we have to pay for scan pics they most prob wont provide bottles...how much pressure and guilt is that putting on those of us that plan to bottlefeed.....might just get a carton and sterilise each day til i go into labour lol
  • You can order them in at Boots but im not sure how long you have to wait.

• Thanks Miss_S! I know givepeaceachance! x
  • Huge thanks to radrosh! Got some in Babies R Us. Just incase anyone else is interested, they had SMA as well. Thanks! x
  • I'm a first time mummy to be and will be bottle feeding. Can you pelase explain to me what this is? I thought I would just have a few sterilised bottles with me and some of the aptimal cartons to pour into it. I'm totally in the dark about this, hadn't given it a thought really until I saw this thread :?
  • Sterilised bottles and ready made cartons are fine too but in the early days you can go through dozens and dozens and bottles so to save DH having to bring them home, sterilise and bring back I bought the disposable ones instead (I'm assuming hopsitals don't provide sterilising facilities but I could be wrong!). With the ones we are talking about you get little bottles of ready made formula and then sterilised teats to screw on and, when you're done, you just throw them away. It's possible your hospital will provide these but I didn't want to take the risk (or, if I'm honest, have to beg a very pro-breast feeding midwife for some formula!).

HTH! K x
  • Thank you so much for explaining it. Sounds like a plan, will have to keep an eye out for them. I've got my mw app tomorrow where I'm sure I'll be discussing how I'll be feeding. To be honest it's the part I dread saying actually I'll be bottle feeding. Sometimes I just don't have the energy to argue why. Thank you so much for your help image
  • we got them in boots as i got fed up of waiting for mothercare and babies r us to get some in!

i know what you mean about the pressure/guilt. with DS we planned on breastfeeding but for various reasons it just wasn't working. i produced bu**er all colostrum/milk and he just wouldn't play ball! he was born sunday lunchtime and i had to plead with the midwife on the ward to sort out some formula and only got it tuesday morning! the midwife made me feel like a complete failure for not managing to breastfeed. i was so annoyed i had to plead for formula as DS was 5 weeks early and only 5lb 7.5oz so they were freaking out about his blood sugar and feeding. with all the budget cuts etc i didn't want to risk not having anything for this one to munch.
  • I cant see the cow and gate ones on the asda website but there are the sma ones if thats any good? I dont know how you go about checking if they have them in stock before ordering. I have seen the cow and gate ones in our local asda but not looked for a long time as only just preg again! Post the link for you x

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=sma+starter+pack&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=53470