Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

temp...

is 37.5 classed as a temp?

It keeps getting high, been over the past 2/3 days now. I have been feeling quite crappy, but not in an ill ill way just feeling not right, if that makes sense lol.

I have tried stripping down to my underwear when I'm sat at home, cold water, paracetamol but they only seem to slightly take it down.

Should i be worried or is this normal?

Replies

• I think 38 or over is classed as a fever. I've not thought about taking my temp but have been so warm recently, think it's just natural at this stage. Someone at work was saying they had the heating on last week when there was a cold snap - i couldn't believe it as i've had my windows wide open every night!

Do you see you midwife again soon? If you are worried just go the docs - even if it will just reassure you.

xxx
  • 37.5 is classed as a low grade temp (I am a nurse) and if you are feeling a bit rubbish you may have flu/cold or an infection brewing. If you start to feel hot and cold, clammy or have rigors where your body shakes and your teeth chatters see someone as it normally means something is coming on. I am well at the moment but my temp is 37.3. But as you are feeling a bit unwell, get checked out x