Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Raspberry leaf tablets

i bought some of these from holland and barrett today, im 37+1 it says for use in pregnancy on bottle, 400mg tablets to be taken one at a time 3-6 times a day.

Obviously im keen to take six and kick things off! However, even though its only herbal, herbal remedies can still have powerful effects on the body - do you think taking 6 is too many? x

Replies

• Options
    I don't know about the tablets but with the raspberry leaf tea which I took with my 2nd pregnancy you are supposed to start off with 1-2 cups a day and work up to about 6 over a couple of weeks.

Although it didn't do the trick for me, herbal remedies can be very powerful as you said, so my advice would be to start off with the minimum dosage and work up over the next 2 weeks (if baby doesn't decide to put in an appearance in the meantime that is).

Best of luck x
  • Options
    I took the tablets, you are meant to build week on week. 1 a day for the first week, 2 a day for the second week etc etc up to 6. I only pushed for just over an hour no tearing with my first, might be a coincidence but I would def do it again x
  • Options
    dont think they effect bring on labour just help with the contractions supposedly making them more useful.....i took them with my first and had a very quick labour
  • Options
    No they don't bring on labour, they are meant to speed up the pushing phase x x
  • Options
    thanks ladies. well it seems since taking them i have a lot more twinges and tightenings. guess it must be coincidence but am going to keep on shovelling them in :lol: couldnt face the thought of the tea - hate fruit teas :lol: