Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

induced and not feeling good

can anyone help? this is probably a silly question.

I am booked in for monday to be induced as my consultant is not letting me go over my due date, but I have come down with the cold last 2 days and today feel the worst.

would the hospital still go ahead with the induction or not?

Replies

• It probably varies with each hospital but I would think if they are not letting you go over your due date that they will probably go ahead with the induction xx
  • In most cases, yes, as you could go into labour with a cold anyway it will not normally stop you being induced. Rest often, drink plenty and hopefully the cold symptoms will ease/pass before you give birth.
  • thank u, im drinkin alot of honey and lemon, mainly now is my blocked nose thats annoying me. I dont fancy going in hospital and sniffing all the time when ppl are around not nice.

if any ideas how to unblock the nose fast that would be great, thats the main thing now.

i get induced tomorrow morning sometime.
  • I would just try sniffing olbas oil or vicks vaporub a lot. You could melt some vaporub in a bowl/cup of hot water and inhale the steam. Hope you feel better in time, and good luck with the birth x
  • Hi

I'm sure they will go ahead and induce you as planned.

I really wouldn't worry about it - what with the adrenaline rush of labour, giving birth and then having a beautiful little baby to gaze at endlessly (plus the post-birth hunger, thirst and exhaustion) your cold won't even get a look in!!!

Also, forget about sniffling in front of other people. My experience of induction is that they put all of you on a ward together and you all kick off at various stages. So half the people in there with you you will probably have moaned and groaned your way through early labour in front of, and the other half will probably have looked at your lady bits whilst helping to deliver your baby at some point!!! Not a very rose-tinted picture I know, but true all the same! image

Wishing you the very best of luck for Monday x