Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Friendly Warning

Hello All

I haven;t been about in ages I'm not sure if there would be any one here who would even remember me but I come in peace LMAO

JOking aside I joined here years ago when in LTTC and met a really lovely group of girls some who are my closest friends now but just today some one in group was 'outed' as a fraudster, lying about pregnancy and a miscarriage which I'm sure you can all appreciate is quite disgusting, she had also been part of a charity and had asked for donations but thankfully due to general suspicions many did not donate (you ever get you can't put your finger on it but something doesn't add up??, there has since been a completely separate blog (nothing to do with our group through other acquaintances of hers) that was set up to highlight previous theft. She was also given the chance to explain to us but instead deleted everyone as lets face it, she was caught out.

Any way just a reminder ladies be careful on the net I wouldn't change my internet buddies for the world however it has reminded me to be careful, oh and the girls name was Becky Oxley in case she is on here and tries her nonsense with any one else, it's shocking to think there are people capable of this.

Any way all the luck in the world with those TTC, PG or with your wee babies xx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Moonbean, I remember you!! OMG, that's crazy!!! Was she on here originally?

I'm here again with number 3 on the way! Hope you're well xx
  • Options
    Congrats is your username different??? How fab is that to be on number 3 we are anxiously trying for number 3 but its become a long process again image but hey ho onwards and upwards.

Re above yeah we met through here, she has lost babies in the past (I wouldn't say she has lied about that as I wasn't friendly with her then and wouldn't stir the pot) but this time round she went in 2 weeks ago with a mc told us all she was devasted yet on the way to the hospital was posting 'go team (whoever it was she supported), then all FB comments were all positive and nothing really related to the devastation any one would feel after 9 baby losses including 2 still borns?? Some one commented on Monday (obv one of her friends) how was she and bump and her response was 'I've never felt better and bump is doing well' and this morning put on twitter that she had 17 weeks to go to meet her baby' THEN there is a site set up as she apparently lied about pg's in the past she was due in march with us and lost her baby at 36 weeks but the site said this was a lie, I remember crying my eyes out when I seen her news about wee Faye but as awful as it is I don't even know if this was true I would hate to think it wasn;t and feel awful for even thinking it with regards to the others again I was not 'friends' with her so couldn't comment) to get money, she apparently had cancer, which she herself told us she diagnosed incorrectly after all her chemo which you would assume would hinder ttc but she got pg first month?? KWIM too many wee things don't tally up, Oh and she said her twitter was hacked when asked today but then when questioned about her FB deleted everyone xx
  • Options
    It used to just be Mickos but then BE changed it when they made all their changes! My last baby was born in April 2010.

I just can't belive someone would do that! I'm sure I remember someone losing a baby at around 36 weeks when I used to be on here but it could be someone completely different. Awful though. Horrible to say it but she sounds not well! She needs some psychiatric help I think or she's just a scammer.

Thanks for the warning, I suppose that's the risk of meeting people on line, we never really know who we're dealing with. xx
  • Options
    I don't know I think she is both as how could you be of sound mind and actually lie, in saying that she may well have lost the wee baby at 36 weeks but another 2 girls in our group lost their babies, sohappy's son died from sids and then her husband was killed 14 weeks later and another girl had her we boy around 22 weeks so she was totally aware of the absolute devastion yet still lied, its awful. I remembered you btw after I posted I'm never on here since all the changes and loads of people left, it seems a lot quieter now??
  • Options
    Its been a shocking day for us finding all this out.
  • Options
    Proper nut job! After all the other stuff we found out where she has lied on numerous other occasions to others about being pregnant and losing babies, and stealing charity money! The girl wants locked up in a nut house...or 10 mins in a room with me (a very pissed off hormonal lady lol) il kick her ass x
  • Options
    To say you've lost two babies at 36 weeks, then one at 14 weeks, which she's telling people on fb and twitter is growing well etc, is disturbed
  • Options
    hi, sorry to hear of the shocking news that a girl you thought you trusted and you shared so much with has done this to you all!!

but thanks for the reminder about it- noones know who the person behinds the words on these internet forums really are. how sad to make up such awful lies image i really feel for the ladies in your group who have not only had to experince their own lose but will now be reliving it due to someone who gets their kicks from lying.

hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you all xx
  • Options
    OMG i remember you, do you remember me?

hows things? i also dont come on here every often. last i heard you was still in LTTC ?on clomid, same as me, i think.

I'm now 33wks, fell naturally, had mmc last may though
  • Options
    That's awful. I remember reading her story at the time (I was DIA 2010). I hope she's getting the help she obviously needs.
  • Options
    Hey jes ssorry re your mc image but glass things have worked out for you in the end I was put forward for icsi but fell pregnant naturally that month and now have a gorgeous boy at almost 18 months ttc number 3 now but a long journey is being had lol although they are worth the wait x
  • Options
    Hi Moonbeam I used to be LTTC with you, was called sparklyflump then. Thanks for the warning, you never know who is who on the internet, you just kind of presume people on websites like this are genuine! xx
  • Options
    my god 18mths old, time goes so quickly. good luck x
  • Options
    awk sparkflump i remember you how are you doing chick I assume as you are here you are well and truely pregnant!! Big big big congrats to you chick xxxx
  • Options
    hey moonbeam, how u doing? not been on here for ages and see this post... i don't think i know the lady ur talking about, but i'm appalled! that's quite simply disgusting! what was her be name?... u might be interested to know, i'm still in regular contact with my dad, and going well.... oh and i am g/c pregnancy lol, dd is only 8 months lol. x
  • Options
    I remember you. Im from BIJuly 2010 but often had a nosey around the other groups.

I remember a post whilst I was pregnant about a similar thing, this time it was a girl called Gemma, and she had also taken money from people. There were women from other forums coming onto BE to warn people. Its so disturbing.

I made some great friends from my BI group on BE and have met up with quite a few of them on a few occasions, but you really do never know. You think once you have added someone on facebook and see friends and family comments, pictures etc that you can "trust" them but it seems this is not the case. Thanks for the warning. xxx
  • Options
    Moonbeam - hello sweetie x x x shocking news about this person, what was her BE name? I hope all the bim ladies are ok. My BIN mummies are awesome, we have met up with a fair few now and i do cladd many of them as really good friends. So i agree a warning is essential but perspective is also.

I hope this person either gets help or gets arrested for fraud. Terrible stuff

HIGS btw x x x x x