Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

raspberry leaf tablets....

hiya ive heard alot of people mention these tablets or tea, what is everyones view on them do they work and what exactly do they do?? im 34 weeks with my second baby and was thinking about trying them....

xx

Replies

• Options
    hello

the tea is for toning the uterus to help during labour, i took them with both pregnancies although they both ended in emergency sections so i cant really say if they worked or not,

you can start from 34 weeks taking one cup or tablet a day and each week adding another, so week 2 you take 2, week 3 take 3 etc up to a max of 6 a day, although beware which strengh you are using as some of the tabs are high strength x
  • Options
    I took them from 34 weeks in my last pregnancy. My labour lasted a total of 12 hours from the first contraction, but I went from 3cm to 10cm in 2 hours once things really got going. Not sure if I can put that down to the tablets, but I'll be taking them again this time!
  • Options
    i used them with my 2nd pregnancy from 34 wks and drank the teas as i loved them!!!!!! i had a really good labour (as good as a labour could be i supose lol) and the pushing stage of labour was less than 5 mins!! image compaired to 2 hours wiv ds, no idea if it was the tablets or just that it was a 2nd labour and thats y it was easier but i will def be taking them again wen i get to 34 wks! image xx
  • Options
    I had it when I had my son. 1 cup a day at 32 weeks, 2 at 34, 3 at 36 & 4 at 38. Who knows if it did any good but my labour lasted less than 7 hours with just tens and a bit of G&A. I will definitely be drinking it again this time (I also did lots of swimming & walking which I think also helped image ) x
  • Options
    I took the tablets from 36 weeks, my understanding is that they are supposed to make second stage labour quicker. I had contractions for 18 hours but I went from 4cm to 10cm in 3 hours and only pushed for 20 mins and only had gas and air. I'll never know if they helped but i'll be taking them next time! xx
  • Options
    Raspberry leaf tea is nutrient rich and contains many of the vitamins and minerals necessary for a healthy pregnancy including vitamins A, C, E and B, magnesium, calcium and iron. Consuming raspberry leaf tea not only helps mother and baby to get all the nutrients they need but can also help to replenish a new mothers stores after the birth.