Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Sickness/Nausea - when does it peak?

I was lucky enough to suffer next to no nausea with my first pregnancy, but it's a different story this time round. I've been feeling queasy almost permanently since about 5 weeks (although not actually been sick luckily).

So for those of you who are out of the other side, I was just wondering, did it get worse and worse until 12 weeks and then tail off? Or did you get to a point where it didn't really get any worse? If so, when?

By the way, I'm being optimistic and assuming that it will ease at 12 weeks, so no "it lasted my whole pregnancy" horror stories please image

Replies

• weeks 8-9 are supposed to be the worst. I threw up from 5-12 weeks although from about 11 weeks it wasn't every day. I am now 13 weeks and have to manage it but can eat more normally now.
  • When i was pg with ds it lasted until i was 20 weeks - but it did get alot better from 10 weeks and it was only odd days after that i would suffer maybe once a week if that. From about 5 - 10 weeks if i didn't eat it would get worse but it was pretty much the same through out those 5 weeks.

This time round i haven't really had any yet but there is still time - i sometimes feel a little sick but it passes straight away x x
  • Hey you image I think mine peaked between weeks 10-12 and then started to get much less frequent. Tailed off pretty much by about week 18. Hope you feel better soon! X
  • I felt worst between weeks 8-11 i think. I felt nauseous all the time between 6-12 though.

To be honest, by about week 8 it was at its worst and didn't really change until I started feeling a bit better at around 11 weeks.

I'm 15+5 now and still have to manage it (eat constantly!), but as long as I do that then i'm generally fine. I can't remember the last time I was sick image (although having said that I did completely mess it up last week - didn't eat enough, and was nearly sick in lidl car park!).
  • Hi,

I'm one of the 'it lasted my whole pregnancy' - sorry!!

Having said that, it was at its worst til about 13weeks and then just have the odd off night. It's got easier has the pregnancy goes on as I've had a bump to remind me why I'm doing this! So you can be sick the whole way through but not let it get you down. I've still loved being pregnant and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Hope your's eases off soon!

cx
  • Thanks all. It's definitely getting worse, I came very close to actually being sick a couple of times today. I've got the week from hell coming up at work, which I'm not looking forward to at all!

A little nap at lunchtime today seemed to help, so I think I'll have to make the most of the weekends.
  • Lizzie - I remember you from TTC! Many many congrats on your pregnancy, very chuffed for you.

I felt the same as you - nauseous most of the time from 5/6 weeks but never really sick. Mine disappeared at 8 weeks, then returned at 9 weeks(!) It hit a peak at 14 weeks and then buggered off completely rather suddenly! Very odd...

xx
  • Last time mine lasted to 15 weeks, but started getting better at about 10 weeks.

This time it's not been quite so bad (but I've still been sick 3 times). I'm hoping that it will ease off a bit soon as I'm 8+1 now.

I think it hasn't been quite so bad this time because I've learnt from last time that I need to eat little and often. The three times I've been sick so far this time have all been caused by me being busy (either at work or home) and forgetting to eat. I'd say try to do that to see if it works. Its no fun feeling sick all the time!