Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Did you get your BFP after 14pdo?

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to G/C but I wondered if any of you could shed any light?

My lp is usually 12 days, I can currently 15dpo so 3 days late. I tested yesterday (14dpo) and got a BFN so I wondered if any of you who are currently pregnant or have been pregnant before got you BFP after 14dpo?

I know I'm most probably clutching at straws but we've been TTC for over a year now and I'm getting desperate. Also I've convinced that AF isn't going to show, I don't feel remotely pre-menstrual.

How long should I leave it before going to the doctor's?

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Loopy, st

I got my BFP bang on 14 dpo (I used ov sticks), but a friend of mine didn't get hers until what she thought was 18 dpo..it turned out when she had her scans and she traced the dates backwards that she didn't ov when the thought she did-she must have ov'd later than she originally thought.

Are you certain that you are 14dpo?

Sorry if I'm rambling on, I hope you get the gist!

Good luck x
  • Options
    Hi

As you know everyone is different!image

I only took a test at 15dpo but it was bfp on a tesco one. In a way its more reassuring to get your bfp later as you know there is less chance of a chemical pregnancy that you'd otherwise know nothing about.

As for me, a few days before af was due I did get menstrual cramps but they were much lighter and different and actually disappeared in the 2-3 days before af was due to hit.

Try to chill hon and maybe wait as long as you can before testing to avoid doing it everyday and getting bogged down in it all.x
  • Options
    Hi Hollyplusone if you click on my ov chart at the bottome by my signature you can see my ov clearly on it. I think its correct because I used the CBFM too.

Hi TulipRose thanks for the message, I'm going to leave it until Monday now and take it from there. You're right about being bogged down with it all.

Keeping my FC for a miracle - thanks ladies x
  • Options
    Yeah hun, I'd say your dates are right based on your chart, and also backed up by cbfm. If you can try and leave it a few days without testing and hopefully you will get that bfp.

• Options
    Thanks Hollyplusone I thought they were right but I'm no expert as it's only my 2nd month temping.

I'm keeping my FC, feeling shattered in work today struggling to keep my eyes open.

Hope you all have a nice bank hol weekend x
  • Options
    I think your chart looks good almost triphasic like! Mine was like that with 2 rises the month of my BFP.

I got my BFP my 1st month of charting and exactly 14dpo, I had had neg tests until then, dont want to get your hopes up.

Have you tested today? I wouldnt be able to wait and would test haha, I got my BFP in the afternoon xx
  • Options
    hi!

with this pg i got my BFP at 11 DPO which i was really surprised at as with both my girls i didn't get my BFPs till about 16 DPO. with my youngest i tested at 14DPO and got BFN which turned to a BFP 2 days later.

with this pg i knew i was as i had no pre af symptoms at all.

good luck, really hope it's your month image
  • Options
    Thanks sooo much MrsM17 and milliepop, I'm trying not to get my hopes up we would be over the moon if we had a BFP after a year of TTC.

No AF again today and I have no pre AF symptoms at all. My temp went up again today too. I'm going to wait until Monday to test again I'll be 18dpo then.

I'm keeping everything crossed. I have funny feelings in my tummy nothing like af type cramps just twinges and pulling (its hard to describe).

Hope you all have a H&H pregnancy x
  • Options
    Hey,

All looks promising for your next test - good luck!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, thank you all for the responses. Sad to say that AF arrived this morning so we're onto month 13 of TTC :cry: I think my body was playing tricks on me this month and got my hopes up. Really stuggling to keep up the PMA as it's taking so long just hope we get a BFP soon x
  • Options
    sorry to hear this image , i've been thinking about you. hope 13 is lucky for you.

i know its so hard to keep up the pma. this pg we got pg quickly, but 2 years ago we were trying after mc for 7/8 months (that was long enough, never mind 13!) and its so hard to keep positive. i thought it would never happen and had to have a break to sort my head out. i think really i'd given up.

but when i came back to ttc (after my longer than intended break!) what really made me feel positive was that i could see lots of the ladies who i'd been chatting with while ttc on here who'd been trying for so long and like me had got to the point that they thought it would never happen were on the baby forums talking about their bubbas.

knowing it HAD happened for so many ladies who'd been trying for so long made me realise it WOULD happen for me. i think this made me more chilled out this time.

i really hope this is your month and soon your ttc story and BFP will be giving out pma to others xxx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that AF arrived, I had too been thinking of you today. Fingers crossed this is YOUR month. Babydust xx
  • Options
    Thanks Hollyplusone and milliepop for the lovely

message. Your message was so nice to read as I'm really stuggling with the PMA at the moment. It's been such a long time now and we've been married for over three years so we're more than ready to have a little baby. I'm keeping everything crossed that it will happen soon, I've been in the TTC forum for what seems like forever and everyone seems to come and go except me, it would be so lovely to move onto a 'Due in' forum.

I just hope and pray that it will be our turn one day, sooner rather than later.

Wishing you all a H&H pregnancy and beyond x