Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Low Blood pressure

Hi ladies,

Im 24+2 and suffering with serve SPD! Anyway last night being the worst so far, i went to my GP this morning and took A funny turn so he took my BP which was 74 / 54 and 74 / 55! I was shocked it was so low when its normally 110 / 64. Should i b concerned as he didnt seem to be, he just told me to rest.

Em & little legs x

Replies

• Hi,

Sorry to hear that your doctor didn't offer much in the way of help but your story sounded very similiar to mine. I had 3 'funny' turns from 27 weeks and on the last one was taken to see the dr. My bp was even lower than yours but I was rushing around organising my wedding image I had bloods taken and was found to be lacking in iron despite eating healthily and taking pregnacare. I was told this can cause funny turns (total body sweats, nausea, blurred vision and fainting) and very low blood pressure.

I was given iron tablets but they didn't agree with me so I now take Spatone water sachets (about ??7 from Boots for 28 )in juice twice a day with the pregnacare and my bp is back to normal and I've not had a funny episode since (eating little and often helps too). Ive just been diagnosed with spd too today so if its not one thing its another it seems

:roll:

I'd ask to see your midwife or doctor again if you are worried as you shouldnt be sent home worried..

Best of luck,

Em xx
  • Thanks hun! I'm seeing the midwife nxt week so will mention in to her. Ive been off sick for the past 3 days partly down to SPD n partly because of my blood pressure!

Ur right if its not one thing its another!

E x