Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

pressure and membrane sweep!?...........

hiya evryone, i am 38 weeks pregnant with baby number 2, i am sooooo uncomfortable now and in loads of pain in crotch and bum! got so much pressure down there i can barely walk his head is engaged now, and i get lots of braxton hicks all the time do you think when i see my midwife this week she will give me a sweep if i ask????

xx

Replies

• Hiya,

I know every place/hospital is different and it depends on how your labour etc went last time but.... I had a very bad labour and emergency csection last time round and they've said that if I want to try VBAC this time then they'll start sweeps from 38wks to try to bring me on early. If you are healthy otherwise and baby is healthy and in a good position to go then I think they'll have to consider it. There's no harm in asking... she might just tell you to try the other methods at home first. ;o)

hope you get a nice understanding midwife!
  • my midwife would not give me a sweep until i was 7 days over due, i did ask my gp to give me a sweep a wk before my due date and she did not that it made any difference mind! x
  • When the time comes I really don't want to go overdue because husband has to leave the country 6 days after my due date - so I'm keen to see what your midwife says as I'll welcome a sweep early if everything is well and we can get baby out on time!