Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

been up hospital worried now....any1 had this??

hiya i had my 38 week midwife appointment today and everything was fine but then she listened to his heartbeat and it was between 160/185!! so she sent me up hospital to be monitored the babys heartbeat was monitored for 20mins and was normal she said went up once to 185 but came back down. she did an internal examinaion on me as im geting strong braxton hicks lately but cervix is still shut and high up. his is a good position and moving loadssss im jus worried now as of why his heartbeat was that quick image has this hapened to anyone else????

xx

Replies

• hya hun dont worry too much this happend to me on my first and they told just to drink plenty of water it because dehydration just be sure to drink as much water as u can
  • also their heartrate goes up the more active they are just like us. so if he was having a big wriggle then hb would have increased
  • My little boys was always in the 170's when ever they listened to his heartbeat - the midwife wasn't worried she said it was because he was very active. x x
  • I am 37 weeks, my LO's baserate is 150 and I am monitored twice a week and his HB is always 170-190, it comes back down to baserate again. No one has ever mentioned it being a problem.

Although MW's constantly telling me it is a girl - until I tell them all 9 of my scans confirm BOY!