Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

serious spd can any1 help

hya ladies can any1 help me i have spd and was just wondering is there anything i can do to help me when im moving sleeping and all that i dont have my first physio till monday but i really need to do something its too pain full wondering has any1 who has this gone for physio already and can help me out

Replies

• I've not been to physio but spoke to the midwife about it at my last appointment. She said to do things with your legs together. so getting out of the car knees together swing round to the side and then stand up so the weight distribution is even, at night sleep with a pillow between your knees (which I can vouch for working) and when you get out of bed the same again draw your legs into you together and move round to the side to get out of bed. Someone else suggested ice on the area works but I've not tried it! :? Soak in the bath is a good one for me. The midwife also suggested trying a bump support if it's really uncomforable. It lifts the bump and takes some of the pressure of the area.

Fingers crossed a few of these work for you xx
  • Hi I had severe SPd with all 3 off my pregnancies. I was on crutches with all 3 of them and was induced at 38 weeks for each of them due to the severe pain putting me in hospital. I agree with all the tips of how to move from one position to another and resting but keeping moving. Even though I was in agony and on crutches I found it easier to keep on the go as sitting still for too long froze everything up and made it so painful I felt like I couldn't bare to move. I had co-codamal for pain relief and diclofenic with all of mine and it did no harm. My physio gave me crutches and some exercises but there isn't much else they can do. I agree with using a pillow at night I got a full body pillow that was both sides of me so I didn't need to move pillow everytime I turned over. The only thing that takes it away is having baby - not helpful now I know. With no3 I got SPd at 7 weeks and was on crutches by 18 weeks but she is now 7 weeks old and I can walk without crutches now and no longer take pain killers. Keep asking for help if you need it or they wait for you to get to breaking point before doing anything. Good luck
  • thanks ladies i need all the help i can get its sooo bad im at breaking piont as it is every thing is a struggle im on crutches and eating paracetamol but thanks for the tips i think gettin in and out of the car and turning in bed is the worst im like a 70 yr old women and of course the waddle haha