Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Did anyone get pregnant naturally after trying over 12 months?

13»

Replies

• Hi

I am 42 and after a year i have just found out - i kept positive as was just about to do an IUI procedure.  I also had alchohol but was not too crazy - it is so important to have fun, in my case a night of oysters and champers did it -  having fun is the way! i am lucky but not frantic that it may go wrong as i am 5.5 weeks and no symptons so the agony of trying and will i / wont get my period is now replaced by ; will i keep it as at my age keeping it is harder

My advice - get full visiblity -  it is 50% male 50% female to make a baby

my boyfriend was always in the sauna and it takes 3 months for sperm to regenerate

sperm count can be increased by nuts and also good diet and sleep is important and also too much caffeine and booze bad for sperm too

once my man cut saunas and hot tubs out and reduced his coffee to 4 cups a day his count went from terrible to normal so one has to have these tests to see where the issues are - it takes two -  i am old to be fertile and was told that i have hardly any eggs left so was so down but i decided to keep positive and in the end it has worked

i wish you luck

i know many friends who have tried for years and some who it happened after 5 or 7 years i know it is hard but keep the fun still and i know it will happen for you

regards 

• Took me 14 months to concieve after coming off the pill and due to have baby girl in roughly 7 weeks or less hopefully it is a long road of heart ache every month getting negatives tests but it's worth it in the end. My advice is to use the digital ovulation tests they are pricey but I only used 3 packs and I got pregnant so they must work :) just helps you to know when u actually ovulate x