Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Morning Sickness

Ive been suffering all week with really bad morning sickness mine lasts all day ive hardly been able to keep anything down, ive lost 4lb this week due to not eating properly.. any ideas to help? :?

Replies

• Options
    I have none at all and i'm suffering too.

Hopefully someone can give us some advice. x
  • Options
    if its that bad then go to the doctors,they may give you some tablets to help
  • Options
    Yes go to the doc and ask for tablets. I am now 17 weeks and feeling almost normal again. Weeks 6-12 were the hardest for me and nothing I did gave me any relief sad to say. People have lots of tips like ginger biscuits etc but I didn't find that it made any difference. Sorry I don't have the magic answer for you! Acupuncture helps some people.
  • Options
    It's a horrible situation, but I found that eating did make me feel better, even if I retched every time I opened the fridge. I found the thought of food was worse than actually eating it, so having someone else cook for you might help. Having an empty stomach was the time I was actually sick. My diet has been awful, but at least I've been getting something down, and now I've started to feel a bit better, I've started to eat more healthily again.

It was also worse if I was tired, so make sure you get a nap when you can.
  • Options
    I have suffered all day sickness but only actually been sick a few times. Its just the constant feeling sick that gets me down. My mother in law got me the sea bands for travel sickness and they have really helped. I still retch a bit in the morning but I am managing to eat my breakfast and lunch and get through a days work. At night I feel really sick so hubby is on dinner duty and I have been managing to eat half a meal every night.

Hope it gets better for you ladies soon.