Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Childcare vouchers during mat leave

2»

Replies

• I created tickers for J and G too but couldn't get them up as it was too many characters image Thought I couldn't have one and not the other and couldn't find a tickernthat worked fornthe 2 of them!
  • Just been havign a read of my company's maternity policy and spotted this:

Salary Sacrifice

Please note that any salary sacrifice arrangements that you have will only continue throughout the period of maternity leave where you have salary to sacrifice.

Which suggests to me that childcare vouchers will strill be taken from my SMP and not paid on top. This policy was updated in april 2010 though so am I right to assume this section needs updating?

To be fair it's looking more and more likely that all of this is going to be a moot point for me as it will be a miracle if I'm not made redundant before I go on mat leave. Currently just hoping they keep me on until week 25 as then they have to pay my enhanced mat pay according to the company mat policy. That's not til 9th March (poss a bit later after I get my officicial dates from the 12 week scan) so is a bit of a long shot I fear...
  • Oh no, is it really looking that bad hun? Really fingers crossed that you at least stay long enough to get your mat pay, think it would be very unfair if you didn't as you wouldn't even be entitled to enhanced pay if you got another job (assuming it's like teaching where you have to have been there at least a year)...

Xxx
  • PS your companies policy sounds discriminatory from what I've read (but I absolutely could be wrong!)...x
  • think it would be very unfair if you didn't as you wouldn't even be entitled to enhanced pay if you got another job (assuming it's like teaching where you have to have been there at least a year)... Xxx

Yep I think most companies have similar terms about enhanced mat pay. I'm quite screwed if it all happens before March as it could affect my SMP entitlement too as that's based on your average earnings and if I end up temping or something (after all who's going to employ a preggers lady on a perm contract?) I probably won't earn what I currently do.

The only loophole I can see is that the policy states they will pay your enhanced mat pay if you are still employed by week 25 of your pg. If that includes being on your notice period I may be ok as I'm on 3 months notice so only have to get to December.... But that might not be the case. I'm not sure. Just keeping my head down for now and hoping that no news is good news...
  • Will keep my fingers X'd for you...rubbish times at the moment, we're in a similar situation with A's job.

Love your new ticker!