Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Feel like I am losing my mind xx

Hi Ladies

Not sure if this part of the forum gets much traffic these days but I am desperate for some advice. I actually feel like I am losing mind, I am just over 4 weeks & feel like I am destined for another miscarriage. I have no symptons whatsoever and I am spending a small fortune on tests, even done 2 today ! 2! in 1 day!! What the hell is wrong with me? I don't know how I am going to cope if I miscarry for a 3rd time , I just need to calm down but I cant. How did you all cope these first few weeks?

Please help the loony lady :cry:

Thanks

Tara xxxx

Replies

• It isn't easy to forget the past but you also need to remind yourself that every pregnancy really is different and whilst you'll have extreme nausea with one you'll feel perfectly well with another. Trying to compare symptoms will exhaust you and leave you feeling down, if you feel well in yourself and are looking after your health then you are doing everything right. Every pregnant woman will have concerns of some sort throughout her pregnancy so you are not alone. Best wishes and I hope you will see a happy healthy nine months.
  • i was exactly like you hun i found out i was 4 weeks pregnant and before i knew it id spent ??80 on pregnancy tests peeing on them all the time!!! i had sore boobs and that was it then as soon as i turned 6 weeks i started throwing up morning noon and night!! im now 16 weeks and still being sick!! i hope your 3rd time lucky like me chick all the best and good luck xxxx
  • Hi Congrats for your pregnancy image

I know its very difficult to cope in a early stage. I think, because we had a bad experience before, we will never feel safe and that worrying will be all the time. Its natural to worry, but try take it easy. Try to take your mind with the job or all day thinking what you will be nice cooking for the dinner (and baby will enjoy it).

Good look to you and nice to see you here xx

11+1
  • Hi Tara, not sure if you remember me, but I remember you. image

Like the others have said really, each pregnancy is different. I had 2 mc before finally having my little girl, so it was 3rd time lucky for us.

I too spent a fortune on tests each time (would hate to add it all up!!), but I guess the only advice I can give is just try and relax and keep busy. The first few weeks drag, as do the last few, the ones inbetween seem to go quite quick.

Try not to stress about symptoms, or lack of them, every person is different.

Thinking of you and will look forward to seeing your updates.

Zoe xx
  • Hi Girls

I am feeling much calmer now, I realise that peeing on sticks every day wont change the outcome.

Vestall & Kazzie - Thank you so much for your replies. You have helped me alot.

Mum2hols - You have given me hope, I really do hope its 3rd time lucky for me too . Cannot believe you are 16 weeks already! Hope the sickness gets better soon.

Z - Of course I remember you, thank you for taking the time to reply and I hope you are enjoying being a mummy to your beautiful baby girl.

Lots of love to all of you, thank you again for taking the time to respond.

Tara xxx