Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Driving myself insane... any advice other than to relax!!

Found out last week I was pregnant after a mc in Sept. I think I am just over 5 weeks, unsure as not had af since mc. All was going well feeling fine until yesterday. On and off through the afternoon I had a dull aching pain on my lower right hand side (ovary area!) and then last night a small amount of pinky bloody mucas (sorry if tmi) and then this morning a tiny amount of the same. Still have pregnancy symptoms, done another test just and a very strong line. Cannot help but think I am starting to MC for a 3rd time in 6 months. Everyone says relax and try not to worry but how is that possible after previous experiences. Trying to convince myself it was late implantation bleeding but also setting myself up for another failure. image

Replies

• Options
    I had a miscarriage last November and then found out I was pregnant again in March and now only have two weeks to go. I was 5 weeks when I found out and for the first week I had spotting and aching, like yourself I kept thinking the worst. It's easier said then done but you do need to just relax and think positive. Until you see your baby on your first scan you will worry and trust me the worrying doesnt stop there.....Good luck and I hope it all works out.
  • Options
    Thanks, got a scan tomorrow so will see what happens then. Congrats to you not long to wait now until you meet your babba. X
  • Options
    Hi,

I totally agree with Danilou, you have to keep positive and remember that strong line you saw and the symptoms you are getting. I had a miscarriage in December then got a BFP in March and Im also due in 2 weeks. I was so so nervous at every niggle..had period type pains and aches and was convinced I was losing again and also 3 lots of brown discharge up until the beginning of May. I had an early scan at 6 and 9 weeks and rang the EPAU whenever I got concerned, they were great. Maybe give yours a ring, if you previously had a MC you should be allowed a reassurance scan or just a reassuring chat with them.

All the very best..

Em
  • Options
    How did you get on with your scan Abi?

Hope everything is ok hun. It sound like it might have been implantation or a bit of old blood from when your period should have been due.
  • Options
    hope all is well Abi, xo