Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Consultant led

If you're consultant led for your pregnancy when do you normally have your first appointment?

I was also consultant led with my daughter and I'm sure I had my first appt at around 13 weeks...I'm 15 weeks tomorrow but haven't heard anything yet. Not sure if I should ring mw and ask or just wait till I see her for my 16 week check next Thursday?

xx

Replies

• im consultant led due to cardiac problems.....i had my first clinic appointment with consultant at about 24 weeks, i have an appointment with him again at 33 weeks x
  • Hiya, I'm consultant led too and saw him at 20 weeks and will again at 36. I think it can depend on what you are consultant led for-my friend was scanned every 2 weeks and also saw her doctor every 4 weeks. xx
  • My first appt was at 20 weeks x
  • After a scan at 16 weeks x
  • Hiya image

I'm consultant led because I've had 3 previous c-sections i saw mine yesterday and i'm seeing her again at 28 weeks when she said they will prob give me a date for the section and i don't think I'll see her again then .
  • I was told to see the consultant at 20 weeks, so we had our scan and then waited, and waited, and waited... in the end after 1 and a half hours of waiting I asked what was going on, and we were put in a room with the consultant, who sat there and said 'and why have you come to see me??'

I honestly could have floored the guy! He said I shouldn't have come to see him until i'm 36 weeks. So I guess it depends on which NHS trust you're under x
  • At the 12 week scan for us, and it seems that will be it. I had pre-eclampsia and small for dates baby last time. I have to have weekly bp monitoring after 28 weeks and 2 growth scans, but they haven't made any more appointments with the consultant for me.
  • I have an appointment for consultant at 14 weeks after 1st scan x i had pre eclampsia and other complications x
  • Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'll wait till I see the mw next week and see what she says.

I've got to have a fetal echocardiography after the 20 week scan so perhaps we won't see the consultant till then

xx
  • I was consultant led 1st time around due to twin pregnancy (saw him every 2 weeks), consultant led this time due to severe pre-eclampsia at end of pregnancy and emcs at 35+3. I have seen my consultant 2 times, once at 11+5, after my dating scan, and then again on Tuesday at 34+4, to discuss the birth. I might see consultant again at 41 weeks if i'm overdue, to discuss options for induction!

Jo xx
  • 10 weeks but I'm diabetic so see him every two weeks.