Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

GC from TTC :-) how long were you trying before you fell pregnant?

I've been ttc my first for a few months now and still nothing. I'm getting really impatient and just got a bfn again. Sorry to GC but how long were you lovely ladies ttc before you fell pg? Did any of you chart your temps before you got pg and if you did, did your temps dip before they rose again? I'm 99% sure I'm out this month but still have a tiny bit of hope.

Thanks xx

Replies

• Hello, I was lucky enough to get my bfp on my third month of trying. Have been Temping and using ov sticks which i found really useful as without them I would have had no idea that i ov around day 20. Good luck.ch
  • Hey,

Took me 13 months! image

Had really erratic cycles since coming off the pill.

Hope it doesn't take u that long and u fall soon x
  • Hi,

With ds we were lucky enough to get pregnant on month one of ttc (second month off pill), this time i fell on month 7, which sadly ended in mc then got a bfp the next month xx
  • First time round it took 8 months with regular 30 day cycles

This time it took 2 months with 28 day cycles
  • First time (ectopic) 2 months, second time (DD) 2 monthss, 3rd time (MC) 1 month, fourth time (am 5 weeks today) 5 months after cycles went very irregular after the MC

Because my cycles had gone all over the place, the month before I got PG this time I bought a CBD OPK, which I would recommend, and this cycle I took AC and B6 x
  • Both times I've fallen pregnant first month of trying. First time was a regular 26 day cycle, second time my cycles were all over the place and it was only my 3rd period after stopping BF. I used a CBFM both times though, can't recommend highly enough. I'm 35 too, so no spring chicken!
  • Hi there, this is our first baby and it was second month of TTC. The first month we got a BFP but it ended up being a chemical pregnancy, which was quite hard.

I did chart temperatures that second month - it fell on 2DPO and then rose up again and stayed up until the day I got BFP (day AF was due). I stupidly then took my temperature the next day and there was quite a big drop, so was convinced it was another chemical pregnancy - but everything was fine. So if you get BFP, my advice would be to stop taking temperature straight away!
  • with my first DD I fell on my 2nd month (but 1st month that we bd at the right times cos 1st month we were on honeymoon and travelling at OV) , this time I fell 4th cycles but was having some problems with mid cycle spotting so was taking Vit B complex and Agnus Castus and now using progesterone cream. I used OPKs both times (apart from month 1 with DD). I never temped but I cant recommend OPKs highly enough x
  • Both times it took me 4mths. With DD1 I stopped taking the pill in Nov and conceived in March, she was then breastfed for 9mths until Sept and DD2 was conceived that Dec. It generally happens when you stop trying to make it happen, focus on you and your OH enjoying each other as a couple instead (many women are pleasantly surprised this way).
  • The first time it took me 5 months. This time it took me 6 months and I fell pregnant on my first month of using clearblue digital ovulation sticks
  • Both times it took us just the one month-However I was using opks which I cannot recommend highly enough. Without them I'm sure it would have taken longer. xx

I hope you get pregnant soon. x
  • First time: 2 months (MMC)

Second time: 3 months

Third time: 15 months after had no1, had only had 1 AF so does that mean 1 month?!

Good luck!
  • First month for both, however my cycles are so regular that you could set your watch by them. I didn't temp or use OPKs, just worked out roughly when ov would be, looked out for EWCM and bd every other day around the right time.
  • it was month 8 with ds1 this time was about 6 months image x first time i spent ages working out dates and everything second time was more guess work image xx hope u get ur bfp soon hun xxx
  • Hey

We starting trying oct 2010 and I fell in dec but mc in early Feb.

Then I bought a cbfm and used that from april with conceiveplus lub in june and fell that month, and we only bd'd once too! I would reccamend the cbfm as the month we conceived my ovulation was day 11 compared to 20 on prev months! X
  • It took me n hubby almost 2 years to fall pg!

After trying clomid and then waiting for a lap n dye and ovarian drilling I fell pg.

So it can happen after a while and naturally

X x
  • 3 years, 3 months and 5 cycles of Clomid. I have PCOS though. Good luck! image x
  • We fell pregnant with my son (18 months) on our 3rd cycle of TTC. We are currently on cycle 5 of TTC baby number 2 and have had faint positives the past 2 days but I'm almost scared to get excited yet image

We used OPKs the past 2 months and figured out that I OV later than expected. Would definitely highly recommend them.

I'm not gonna suggest just relaxing and forgetting about TTC because I know I couldn't!

Best of luck!

Spring x
  • Hi,

We were trying since August at got our bfp today! We took a laid back approach but made sure we bd'd every other day mostly. The best of luck to you x
  • It took 7 months with both my daughter and this pregnancy. I religiously wrote down dates and used OPK's and luckily have regular cycles. Both times it happened when we bd'd a day or so before expected OV.

Good luck!!