Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Please help me out! Is my baby infact a girl?

Hi There,

I've been told at my 16 week u/s that carrying a girl (she was 99% sure). Can anyone verify that? So many people told me story's about u/s techs being wrong. I've bought a lot of pink stuff and now everybody is telling me that the u/s lady can be wrong. The u/s photo is my profile photo.

x Kim

Replies

• Options
    I know at 16 weeks they can tell by scan what sex baby is so I'd b surprised if she said she was 99% sure that she was wrong... As if she's wrong she shouldn't gave said 99% sure!

I can't see if scan pic well as on my phone unfortunately.

X x x
  • Options
    hun i was like this with no1, she didnt show me how she knew so yesterday when i asked and she said girl she showed me the lines and a complete lack of willy lol made me feel more reassured.

99% is pretty sure, did u get a good look?
  • Options
    They'll say 99% sure just to cover their backs but 99% is pretty definate. I'm having a girl and the sonographer seemed pretty sure but when I told my mum she said she could be wrong! This is only because she was convinced I was having a boy!
  • Options
    I would say that she was probably right- yes they can get it wrong but as the other posters have said, they have to cover their backs on it as you can imagine what would happen if they didn't! When I was expecting DD the sonographer told us that she thought it was a girl. She said I cannot tell you 100% but if I wasn't certain I wouldn't have told you xx
  • Options
    i was told both times i was having girls and both times i have had a girl! image

xx
  • Options
    my friend was told she was having a boy, they said 99% as well, but out popped a gorgeous little girl. we decided not to find out. x
  • Options
    I know 3 people who have been told 99% that it was one or the other and got it wrong! You can be more certain if they say boy as it is unlikely that their thing can then.disappear!! But if they say girl it is quite easy for LO to hide it depending what position they're in!

Make sure you ask at any future scans as the more sonographers that get the same impression, the more likely it is!

If you can get a 4D scan I have been told they are much more reliable as you get a better look, but It's never 100% certain until baby arrives!! Xxx
  • Options
    Most of the time they are right. However it is more comon for them to be wrong if they say girl than if they say boy. My cousin had 2 scans and was told girl both times and had a boy. Perhaps you could get some neautral stuff just in case? x

Edited to add that onew of the scans was a 4D one x
  • Options
    We were also told at 16 weeks scan that "it looks like a girl", then we double checked at 20 week scan, she told us "I think it's a girl but keep your receipts", then at 30 weeks scan the consultant said "it's a girl"......so I would be happy to think it's a girl if that's what they told you!
  • Options
    we asked to 'see' and our sonographer showed us the 3 white lines which show its a girl... i dunno where the willy would be hiding in our scan as it was so obviously a girl... i would be very surprised if a boy popped out lol