Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Braxton hicks?

Can someone tell me what braxton hicks actually feel like?

All weekend I've been having crampy, period pain like feeling across my lower bump and pelvis area - could this be BH?

Or could it just be everything moving / stretching?

didn't have them with my first pregnancy and the only person I know who had them, didn't realise she was having them.

Replies

• BH are practice contractions which grow in intensity throughout your pregnancy until you actually go into labour. They can be a dull period like pain or shooting pains up your back and across your lower abdomen. BH will normally ease with movement. Hope this helps.
  • Thanks Kazzie, I've heard about BH but have never experienced them. It sounds like I might be having them then!
  • For me braxton hicks are quite uncomfortable, sometimes they come with the period type cramps. They last for about 30 secs and my tummy goes a bizarre shape and solid!!

I had them last time but without the cramps. As long as they dont become regular its prob braxton hicks!

xxx