Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Work advice.... can anyone help????

Good evening ladies

Please can someone help or give me some advice.

I have been working in local government for the last 10 years. I had 12 months break in July 2009 to have my son and returned on a part time contract. When I returned in 2010 the job I was doing before I left no longer exsisted as the Council was going through a period of change due to the election. We have just been told that our jobs are 'at risk' and we have started a 4 week consultation period (ending next week) after this we will go through a competetive interview process and the jobs will be reduced from 9 people to 5 people. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant and plan on going on maternity leave in January. My question is, if I am unsecessful in the interview process can I be made redundant if I cannot finish my notice period due to maternity leave? and what maternity pay can I expect??

Any advice would be great as i'm really starting to worry about this image

K x x

Replies

• U can be made redundant i'm afraid, but u will be entitled to maternity pay xx be it from ur work or statutory (maternity allowance that u claim from job center) xx u will have to research it tho as its been a couple of years since i went through it and it changes yearly xx good luck!! xxx i hope u keep your job hun xxxxx best of luck to u xxx
  • also if u can not work your notice u will get paid for it regardless xx especially as u are due to start maternity leave x do ur research and make sure u get what u are entitled to xx