Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

When did your morning sickness end?

Hi all,

Just wondering when you started feeling better really? And also was it any different (better???) with your second? This is baby no.2 but can't really remember, i'm sure i was still being sick post 12weeks last time.

Thanks girls x

Replies

• I stopped feeling constantly sick at around 14 weeks. x
  • 13 weeks for me. First baby for me so can't help with that!
  • I was about 15 1/2 weeks till I felt 100% better with sickness. My first baby so can't help with that bit.

X x
  • Both times I started feelinng better around 10-11 weeks. I think I felt nmore sick 2nd time round although coul be because I am more tired running around after a 2 year old!
  • I'm only 8+6 in my 2nd pg but already feeling much better- was exactly the same last time- its not uncommon, as soon as the placenta starts taking over it can start to ease. Still incredibly tired though x
  • It was about 13 weeks for me. Was lucky enough not to get any sickness first time round, so this was a bit of a shock!
  • 15 weeks ish I think. But still felt awful until around 19 - 20 weeks.

I think it varies massively for everyone.
  • Hi All

I'm 19 weeks today with my first baby and am still being sick - once on Saturday, once on Sunday and twice yesterday - but it's definitely easing off.

After receiving lots of well-intentioned advice that offered hope but failed to deliver, the only conclusion I've come to is that every pregnancy is completely different and what works for one person won't necessarily work for another...!
  • I'm 13 weeks + 2 or +5 going by scan date and still feeling queezy and was sick on Monday morning and nearly again this morning while cleaning my teeth. Lots of people say 14 weeks so I'm hoping that will be the case as I want to enjoy Christmas and all the run up without obsessing over what and when I need to eat!
  • hi im sarah im 10 weeks in my second pregnancy with my first pregnancy i was sick for the full 9 months image but with this pregnancy im still being sick at the moment but it isnt as bad as my first xxxxx
  • this is my third baby and im nearly 21 weeks...sickness seems to have gone for now but only in the last week! fingers crossed it stays away!
  • I started feeling better around 11-12 weeks. I am 24 weeks now and for me the second trimester has been great- feeling so much better than in the 1st tri. x
  • It all depends on hormone levels with each pregnancy. My 1st I breezed through with no sickness at all, my 2nd I had constant nausea until 15wks when it suddenly vanished. My sister was sick with my niece during her 1st & 3rd trimesters and whilst carrying my nephew was sick 24/7 until he was born. Sorry for the dark spot but it will really come down to your own individual pregnancy as to how much/little sickness you have.
  • Mine was around 12 weeks but I still feel really tired and I'm 15+5. But only on my first. Getting quite a few mild headaches though still.

xx
  • Gosh I feel so lucky, I havent been sick once, some nausea for about a week but no sickness. I hope it eases for you soon.
  • I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and haven't really stopped feeling sick at all, ive been sick at least 4 times a week since about 12 weeks, but was diagnosed with reflux at about 24 weeks. I've not been actually sick in about 2 weeks but that's because I've managed to stop the triggers that cause it. I envy those of you who haven't been sick at all or had it go really early on! X
  • i cant really say as i'm 10 / 11 weeks with number 1. during week 9 i was being sick several times a day and struggling to keep food down but since then it has seemed to ease.

although whenever i say that it gets worse!

at the moment for me the evenings are awful, i'm shattered and very nausious.

xxxx
  • Well so much for me not being sick anymore, I've been sick 3 times this week! so glad i'm on maternity leave now! x
  • Around 10 - 11 weeks for me, just before i went on holiday luckily image
  • I was around 12 weeks. Still feel sick now if I get hungry and I'm about 18 weeks