Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

G/C Unexplained infertility and Clomid...?

Hi,

G/C from LTTC...We have been trying for about 17 months now... and I'm really worried we're not going to ever get a BFP :cry:

Anyway, our Dr has decided to try 3 months of clomid. They've told me it might not be that successful as I ovulate regularly. Part of me is happy to try something new, but I do wonder what's the point if it's not likely to work?

Has anyone with unexplained infertility got a BFP using clomid?

Replies

• hi, firstly iv been there and i know how desperate you can get and feel like its never gonna happen! il tell you a bit about me.... little bit diff to you....

after a year and a half of trying i was diagnosed with pcos but we managed to fall pregnant! then 9 months later i fell again but sadly lost the baby at 8 weeks, 2 weeks later i was preg with our second daughter! but it then took me 3 and a half years to fall pregnant again and i had to have tests, laparoscopy and dye to check my tubes were ok (they were) and the consultant gave the ok to put me on clomiphene (chlomid) i wasnt ovulating and hadnt done since i had our second daughter so my period wasnt a real period!

i started the tablets and when i went for the blood tests the reults came back that i still hadnt ovulated, i was devestated and thought thast it, its never going to happen! then hubby gave me a talking to and basically i pulled myself together and was ready to go onto month 2. i went for my bloods and when i got the reults i was over the moon to be told i had ovulated! i was told to wait 2 weeks and test to see if i was pregnant...i waited 4 days because i had a feeling i was...3 tests later all spelling it out..we had done it! now im 19+2 weeks pregnant and still cant believe it happend so quickly! sorry to rabbit on but if someone had given me abit of hope when i was in your situation it would have made all the difference! hope this helps you, and good luck let us know how you get on x