Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is this ok for letter giving them my notice?

I'm planning on giving my line manager my letter next friday when I see my midwife and hopefully get my matb1 form. Is this letter ok? Want to get it right because my line manager is a cow!

Re: Maternity Leave

Please find enclosed my MATB1 Form that confirms I am pregnant and that I am due on 26th March 2012. If possible I would like to take two weeks holiday starting 27th February 2012 and then start my maternity leave on 12th March 2012.

I plan on taking the full 52 weeks off and will give you at least 8 weeks' notice if I wish to return earlier than this. Likewise I will give 4 weeks' notice if I decide not to return.

I trust this is in order and look forward to speaking to further regarding this.

Yours sincerely,

Replies

• i think that sounds really good and might copy that when it comes to doing mine lol x
  • Sounds fine. Might just want to take out the 'if possible' from in front of your holiday request and change it for saying something like My preference is to take holiday...

Puts it more in the frame that you are expecting it rather than requesting it. If you don't feel that great about doing it you can always preface it with a sentence that as you will be on leave for the rest of the holiday year you plan to take 2 weeks holiday starting... or something like that.
  • I agree with above, sounds more assertive and it is your right if you have outstanding A/L anyway. Good luck, I still think pg women are not always treated that favorably by employers

Jo x
  • Thanks girls. My holidays start in January so I'll have 5 weeks to play with and hoping if I take 2 weeks before I leave then I'll hopefully get the 3 weeks in pay when I (hopefully) hand my notice in. xx
  • Sounds good. I was lucky at my work they give you a form you just fill out when you want to start mat leave and any holiday to take and that's it, just hand it in with the MATb1 lol Im taking 3 weeks From 31st jan then starting mat leave 20th Feb as Im due 14th Mar.