Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnancy after Ovarian Drilling

Hi all,

As some of you may know, we got our longed for BFP after 3 years of ttc (with 1 m/c 2 years ago).

I am overjoyed, but also very nervous. I conceived on the 3rd natural cycle after ovarian drilling (lap, dye and removing adhesions on ovary), I've had quite a few aches and pains, some of them very much like ovulation pains and a little bit of nausia in the mornings. Other than that I have no symptoms.

I am looking for some inspiring stories, or advice on what my chances are for this pregnancy. I have read conflicting advice on increased risk of miscarriage for women with polycystic ovaries and because of the pain in my side and blocked tube found during op (although HG was clear, so surgeon wasn't concerned), I am also starting to worry about ectopic pregnancy.

I'd love to hear some stories of women having healthy pregnancies with pcos and especially after ovarian drilling. I hope you can help. Much love,

Windy x

Replies

• Windy!

Well I too have PCOS as u know and was due to have lap n dye and iv drilling but it didn't get that far!

I know they say ur at higher risk if mc but I'm pretty sure that's not the case for everyone. Certainly isn't for me this time round.

Its totally understandable to worry Hun especially when this is something we have longed for. I was the same worrying about everything and anything going wrong, I still do at 20+6 weeks!!!

All u can do is look after urself and take it easy. Unfortunately there is nothing u can do to prevent mc so the best thing I found was to try and relax. I know easier said than done!

Ul b fine Hun and if u ever want to talk about any worries or anything let me know

X x x
  • Thanks Faye,

I know there's nothing I can do ad I should stop getting my hopes up, but I want to enjoy whatever I have of this pregnancy. I'm hoping the next 6-7 weeks go really fast and my little bean stays put! xx
  • Udont need to stop getting ur hopes up lovely, think positive!

All will b ok........ Keep saying that to ur self!

Take everyday one at a time that's what I'm doing and it's still not really sunk in!!!

X x x
  • Hi, I suffered for years with Pecos and after coming off the pill when I got married I had no periods for over a year. I was referred to a consultant who suggested ovarian drilling. I was a bit apprehensive but after a year of trying to conceive with no luck I knew I had to do something to get my body to ovulate again, so I went ahead with the surgery. I was in and out the hospital the same day and was in very little pain after the op so didn't need to take the medication I was prescribed. I was left with a couple of minor scars but nothing really and the recovery from the op was about a week. 6 weeks after the op my periods returned in June. They were coming roughly every 7 wks so the operation helped them to return but not regularly. My consultant suggested I try the drug Clomid to regulate my periods which I did. I suffered no side effects and on the 2nd month of taking them I got pregnant. I had a great pregnancy and a natural birth with a beautiful healthy baby girl at the end of it in September. Following that my periods returned but on a irregular basis again so I started Clomid again and on the second month I am now pregnant again image I truly believe Clomid is a wonder drug for me but I don't think it would necessarily have worked without the ovarian drilling op first. I just wanted to share my story and give people hope, as I remember looking at forums when I was trying to conceive before my operation. Good luck everyone-have faith! x