Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

How do i relax?!

I got my BFP on saturday and i just cant relax, i keep worrying that something is going to go wrong. I keep telling myself everything is fine and to relax about it but im so impatient and want to know everything is ok now! Every ache and pain is a worry to me!

Replies

• Hi, you are not alone we have all been the same!! Try and be positive and the weeks will soon pass! I'm only on week 8 mind you and have just started to worry less!! xx
  • I dont think anyone will be able to answer this question! Just know that you are not alone, I was the same and I am sure every other mum was too. I didnt get any morning sickness and convinced myself that something was wrong. It didnt help that my SIL was pregnant at the same time and had terrible morning sickness, everyone kept telling her that really bad sickness meant that the pregnancy was a strong one. They were trying to make her feel better but actually made me feel terrified. All I can tell you is that every week that passes you find yourself feeling a little less tense. I found reading the week by week descriptions of how the baby develops helpful too. Once you start to feel your baby move (anywhere between 18-26 weeks) it is easier to stay calm and reasured because you can feel baby moving. However, you will still have times where you worry if the baby hasnt moved in a while, and most of the time it doesnt mean anything. When my baby had a quiet day I used to sit prodding at my tummy begging my baby to kick me (whilst sobbing hysterically most of the time) and then when she did I would feel terrible for disturbing her and worry that I might have pressed to hard and hurt her! Then the baby arrives and you worry about a whole range of other things! Good luck, have a happy and healthy 9 months xx
  • Thank you! When i did my CBD on saturday it said 1-2, i have done one today and it said 2-3 so that has made me feel a bit better. I think your right though - im sure everyone will worry!!

• i agree with glitterbug. and now that my son is over 4 months old i still worry about all sorts of things! just try and stay positive and trust that you bean will grow into a perfect little baby image
  • Please do not take any more CBD tests. If you have drunk more during the day than you did when you took your previous tests you can get a 1-2 result when you should be 2-3 or 3+. It doesnt mean there is anything wrong, it just means that you have a more dilute wee sample. You will end up driving yourself mad. I knicker checked constantly because I was so scared. The best peice of advice I can give is if you are genuinly worried at any point go to A&E. I got really bad pains in my left side when I was about 7 weeks so went to A&E expecting to be told my pregnancy was ectopic. Instead they scanned me and showed me a little prawn shaped thing with a tiny heartbeat, and a huge pocket of trapped gas that was pressing on my ovary causing all of the pain!! xx