Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

some much needed advice please

Hi all

I found out i was pregnant just before christmas and due to a little light bleeding and having had 2 miscarriages before I was scanned at EPU yesterday. The nurse could not see the "yoke" (??) in the sac and she thought this was for 1 of 3 reasons:

*Too early to see anything yet as only about 6 weeks

*miscarriage

*ectopic pregnancy

I have been bleeding continually for 36 hrs now, but its not in clots, its a watery red brownish blood thats almost like thick prune juice. I have moderate aching in my back and tummy (nothing that cant be eased with some paracetamol and a general sicky not quite with it feel about me.

EPU want to re scan me on Thursday mornin at 8am but have told me to ring them if anything changes.

Does anyone have any ideas whats going on??

Having had a few miscarriages in the past the bleeding was much more clotted. I do have one sone who was born via EMCS

Thank you x

Replies

• Options
    Sorry I have no useful advice Hun but hope very much it's just too early to see yoke and the bleeding is just one of those things.

Have my fingers crossed for u hun x x
  • Options
    Sadly, it can be many differing causes as MW has mentioned. For some reassurance I bled all the way through my 1st trimester with DD2 until wk15 when it suddenly stopped. It was like having a very light period for 15wks straight & drove me insane although my GP/MW both told me it was common in subsequent pregnancies & that everything was perfectly normal. I didn't see anything in my early scans until wk8 & even then it was a dot on the screen. Generally, so the professionals say, unless it is bright red blood (fresh rather than stale), extremely heavy (soaking a towel in an hour or less), or you are doubled over with pain then it will all relate to the normal stretching & moving of ligaments to accommodate growing uterus. Finger's crossed for you hon.