Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight gain

Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well!

I'm 26+3 and weighed today- I've put on 23lb, going from 11st 2 to 12 11 :/ I can't gauge whether that's good or bad although I think its probably a bit more than recommended at this point. I don't mind as long as Bubs is healthy but I was just wondering what everyone else has put on by this stage?

Thanks

Sunshine

Replies

• Options
    i put on 3 stone with my son! going from size 12 -22 lol and back down and have stayed an 18 for 4 years!! nightmare lol, but yeah as long as bubs ok then thats fine, and aslong as not holing you back xx
  • Options
    I gained 4 stone with my first pregnancy going from a size 10 to god knows what (I wore maternity jeans until I could get into a size 16 lol). Back down to the same weight now pregnant again. At 18 weeks I've gained 7-8lbs (being more careful this time as gained a stone by 12 weeks with my first). There are some calculators on line that tell you how much roughly you should have gained by each stage x
  • Options
    hi i am now 37+3 and have so far gained 3 stone! i was very worried earlier on, by about 26 weeks i think i had gained about 2 stone but the last few weeks i have only put on very slowly even though they say you put on the most in the last timester but i think i put on the most in the second and just baby puttin on the weight in the third but i m hoping that i dont blow up now in the next 2/3 weeks !! i think what ever you gain, as long as you dont gain from eatin junk food all day , is good for your baby so dont worry about it too much and enjoy it x good luck!
  • Options
    At 6 months pregnant my hubbys nanna said "you are really plonking on the weight aren't you? And you still have so long to go!" By 9 months she was complimenting me on my neat and tidy bump! I think I looked bigger in the middle stages because I retained water but it all evened itself out. I weighed myself after nannas comment and id gained about 18lb. By the end of my pregnancy I had gained just under 2 stone. I can only assume that the water weight was replaced with baby. Through my pregnancy I ate for my baby. The foods I chose were a mix of foods I fancied (like peanut butter and salt and vinegar crisp sandwiches!) and foods that I knew were good for the baby. I didn't use pregnancy as an excuse to pig out but I didn't restrict myself either. I just made sure that 90% of the food I was eating was good stuff, that way I didn't feel guilty about the 10% of naughty stuff. The weight came off quite quickly after I gave birth to a very healthy 7lb15oz baby. I'm a size 10-12 and have always struggled with my weight so I kinda expected to pile it on and struggle after, but I didn't and I think the reason was because for the first time in my life I was eating for someone else. Anyway, my point is (albeit a very rambly one): stay off the scales and eat the foods that you know are good for you and your baby. Have treats because they are good for you too. The weight will take care of itself xx