Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dating scan - given a difference in dates

Hi all

I had my 1st scan today and was dated at 13w3d based on Crown Rump Length. I know this is only an indication, however it is over a week earlier than my dates.

The 1st day of my LMP was Oct 30th, which would put me at 12w2d. I am always on a 26 day cycle and know my dates for sure.

Do i need to be concerned about this, or mention it to my midwife at all?

Thanks NTT xxx

Replies

• Hi

You don't need to be concerned but it is the date they will work to now. You can mention it to midwife at your 16 week appointment but they do use the scans as pretty accurate
  • Yep as post above, they will go off ur scan not ur lmp as that's not accurate where as the scan is.

There's lots of reasons why ur dates and scan date don't match mine didn't

But nothing to worry about, but no harm in mentioning to ur midwife if ud feel better Hun

X x x
  • Hi, we are due the same time! My lmp was 31/10/11 and they dated me 6 days ahead so am 13 weeks and 2 days today. I know when I ovulated as I was poas and the sonographer said the scan is accurate with in 6 days. In my first pregnancy they did the same, I just think I have longer babies, my hubby is 6ft5 and my 2 year old is wearing 4 yo clothing! Lol. But the sonographer said all babies grow at the same rate... I don't agree with that. Anyway, they have given me a due date of 31st July, know it should be around the 6th August so am sticking to that and will refuse an induction based on their dates if necessary. Ultimately, baby will come when it's ready. What due date did they give you?

Don't worry about it, we're not all the same and unfortunately we are all put into one pigeon hole whilst pregnant.

• Thanks for all your replies ladies ;o)

Tashua, they have given me a due date of July 28th. However all the due date calculators I have used, have given me a date of August 3rd. At my booking in appointment the midwife gave me an approx due date of Aigist 6th /7th so that is a difference of almost 2 weeks between all 3 dates!

Think I will mention it to my midwife at my next appoinment. Like you, I wouldnt want an induction going on the date the sonographer has given if I were to go past that.

See you in the DIA forum ;o)

NTT xx