Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

will i lose my baby? pls help

morning ladies im just after a bit of reassurrance really. last night i went to sleep with extremely sharp pains inmy stomach- quite painful! this morning my boobs dont feel as sore as yesterday and now im panicking that ill misscarry. im 8 weeks 4 days and terrified image xx ive had no bleeding but still have abdo pains.

Replies

• Hi hun didn't want to read and run if your worried go to ae or your gp out of hours they should be able to reassure you and maybe offer you a scan x
  • It could just be everything stretching as your uterus grows. I had period type pains for the first few weeks.

If you are worried go and get checked out xx
  • I had similar pains and symptoms coming and going in the first 12 weeks, try not to worry and see how it goes, if you are really concerned call the doctor.
  • I had some sharp, stabbing pains in my abdomen and was worried about ectopic etc, but my GP said if they occur when you move, these are muscle/ligament pains. Af-type pains are normal and I still get some now at 15 weeks. They say if there is no bleeding alongside the abdo pains, then you shouldn't be concerned. I had the bleeding first, then 12 hours later the cramps set in when I had a m/c.

I'm sure you'll be fine xx
  • GC, but wanted to offer you some reassurance. I have heard that this is very normal. A friend was only telling me last week that when she was expecting her little boy she got a lot of stabbing type pains. Painful enough for her to want to take paracetamol. And her little boy was born perfectly healthy. I have heard you can get pain from the uterus expanding. I understand that it is natural to worry though and if you are in any doubt speak to your gp. If anything to put your mind at rest. Take care xx
  • hello

i used to get sharp stabbing pains quite often in the first trimester and even now actually. its most likely your uterus stretching and nothing to worry about at all.

however they shouldn't be agonising so if they are v painful and v persistent its always worth rining your gp / midwife / early pregnancy unit to be sure and to put your mind at rest

xxxx