Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Breech baby

Ive had my 33 week check and midwife told me my baby is breech. Midwife says there is still time for baby to turn up to 36 weeks. Has anybody had any experience of this? Or any tips on how to change the position, i have tried the birthing ball and going on all four's lol

Thanx, Emma xx

Replies

• A couple of tips I have heard of are to hold earphones playing music at the bottom of your bump or shine a torch there x
  • Hiya,

This happened to me with my last baby and unfortunately, he never did move! I tried everything but i think he just kind of got stuck in that position. I know that lots of people have this though and the baby does move on its own.

One bit of advice i would give you is if they offer to turn the baby via ECV, i would definately advise against it. I found it really traumatic and something i would never do again, didn't work anyway and i had a c section which was fine! Given the option again, would def do the c section rather than go through that.

Hope the LO moves on its own and good luck with the birth
  • Thanx for your reply essexmummy, baby hasn't turned so having my section on Thursday. I wasn't able to try and turn baby due to me having a previous section. Looking forward to it now.

Emma xx
  • How exciting! It'll be fine, as you know its kind of nice that your OH get to do some bonding with the baby as the first one to hold him/her. Good luck and let us know all the details of the new arrival! x
  • just be a bit careful about playing music to baby through headphones. Placing headphones on your bump doubles the number of decibells from 60 to 120 and can damage babies hearing.