Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

back to back baby

Hello all

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with back to back babies?

My son was born back to back but at no point did I experience any extreme back pain in pregnancy and nobody ever mentioned that he was.

This time however I am experiencing really painful back pain. It is right at the base of my spine sort of at the top of my bum cheaks. It is very very painful too and hurts to stand up and walk or change position when sitting etc. Do you think this could be because baby is lying back to back?

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

My son was back to back and through labour it felt like i had awful pressure up my bum and into my back, but during the pregnancy it was ok.

This probably doesnt help you much, soz

Kim xx
  • Options
    my daughter was back to back and then turned right at the end...I had no idea until the MW told me why I wasn't dilating x
  • Options
    My daughter was back to back, I wasn't aware of this until I was in early labour and they said it was one of the reasons why I was progressing slowly and in so much pain.

Sorry I can't be of much help, but I hope it eases soon xxxG
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies.

A lot of what you are saying is making sense now. I progressed very very slowly with my son. Nobody ever said he was back to back but maybe that was why. hmmmmm
  • Options
    Hi, have a look at spinningbabies.com it's great for back to back. Also, lots of all fours is meant to help. X