Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnancy and telling work

I am just over 6 weeks with second baby, and woke up this morning bleeding fairly heavily. I have a drs appointment this morning, so called work to tell my head of department.

I had a mc previously and hadn't yet told work, but feel so guilty about work again. I was the same last time round and absolutely dreaded telling them. Its really playing on my mind now, as feel that if I do mc, which I think is quite likely, I will now be going back into work with them waiting for me to request maternity leave in the future and feel this will affect how i am 'thought of'.

Replies

• its a hard situation but I went through this last year. My manager was great, I took a week off and she didnt ask me to fill in any forms or anything and now am on mat leave. It didnt affect anything for me in terms of work etc. I would just concentrate on yourself, I am sure they will understand. Hope all goes well for you and its a false alarm.
  • Hi, I hope things have gone well for you xx You must have a good reason for thinking that about your employers, so perhaps you could tell them that you have a recurring gynacology issue? Not a lie, but also not telling them about your personal life either???