Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

twin buggies help

im due in sept and my lo will b 23 mo so need a twin or tandem. Seen the britax dual but think it may b too big for my 206 boot.

today ive seen the baby jogger city mini twin at a really good price and good reviews but still unsure if it will fit.

Any one have any idea?

:?

Replies

• We bought the phil and teds sport back in 2009 when I was expecting my 2nd and I absolutely love it!! My daughter was 15/16 months when my son was born and I personally couldn't fault it in any way (although I know some aren't keen on the P&T) and it's been perfect while they've been growing up as if my daughter wanted to walk I just click the back seat off and put it in the basket while I'm out and now that She walk's pretty much everywhere I can use it as a single.

We've even taking it abroad with us.

It fits in the boot of our punto & clio with room to spare so I would imagine it would fit in your boot too (also the wheels come off)

we are now expecting our 3rd and although we will be buying a new travel system we are also keeping our phil and ted's as we do use it alot, especially on the beach and at the woods.

I'd recommend at least taking a good look at this pram, as we love it and you might do as well!! xx
  • I've got a baby jogger city mini twin which I've bought ready for my new arrival in May. It fits in the boot of my seat leon if that is any help, and my friend has one too, it fits in the boot of her fiesta. I think you can take the wheels off if needed.

I spent hours and hours researching double buggies and I think the baby jogger city mini does seem to get some of the best reviews. I didn't like the idea of a tandem as I felt sorry for one child not having much of a view. The city jogger is not too wide for a twin.

It is really light to push, easy to fold and I've been able to buy a carrycot attachment for it so the new baby can lie properly flat.
  • I've got the Britax B Dual and it folds up pretty small even with the seats on and fits well in my narrow hallway. You can also take both seats off and fold the chassis separately. We have a Focus C-Max so boot space isn't really an issue for us, but some of the bigger doubles don't fit. Best thing to do is find somewhere that will let you try fitting each one in your boot. I haven't used it as a double yet as my second is due in just over two weeks (eeek!) but have been using it as a single. I wasn't keen on tandems but a side by side just wouldn't have been practical for our hallway.
  • we had the icandypear for our toddler and baby, as i prefered it to the city jogger select, the new duel looks fab,

john lewis let you try them out in the boot