Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice please ladies, bit confused / worried.

Ladies, I'm confused and could do with some help (sorry if it's TMI) I went to the loo about an hour ago and when I wiped there was very very light pink on the tissue (it looked like pink wee rather than blood). Have been feeling wierd down below and my wee has been quite dark in colour since my BFP no matter how much I drink - do you think this is light bleeding mixed with wee and I should be worried or do you think it might be a urine infection? I don't have any other symptoms of a urine infection, no pain when peeing etc so I'm confused and a little bit worried. Haven't got a midwife yet so can't ring anyone and the drs is shut now.

Thanks for your help ladies, it's nice to have somewhere to come and get some advice.

MrsE

7+2

X

Replies

• could you have eaten something that might have changed the colour of your wee,when i was pregnant with my first,i had craving for beetroot,i ate a full jar,a few hours later i had a wee and it was bright red,i had heart failure,then remembered :lol: it could be a urine infection,also my second pregnancy i did have a fresh bleed at 7wks,i got an early scan to find out i was having twins,they said it could have been implantion bleed,also had another fresh bleed at 13wks and everything was fine,have you got an epu you could ring? blood doesnt always mean a bad thing,just keep an eye on it and if your not cramping i would try and not worry
  • Hi hun,

Thanks for the reply.

No haven't eaten anything wierd so can't be that but good idea.

Went to the loo again and wiped before peeing and it was clear and then after there was a pinkish tinge again? Have managed to get an appointment with a nurse tomorrow morning so hopefully she'll be able to figure it all out. Haven't got any cramping so that's a good sign.

Everything is just so new and confusing (this is my first) so all new things seem to have me guessing - can't wait to get to 12 weeks now and feel a slight sense of relief.

Thanks again for the reply.

• What did the nurse say hun?xx p
  • Hi Sian,

Well she did a test and it was clear so no infection, she said it could be that I've flushed it through (as I've drunk quite a lot since last night) or that it's in the beginning stages. She said if the symptoms get worse then I should go straight back but she didn't seem concerned.

The pinkiness has gone now so maybe it was just one of those wierd things.

• That's good that you don't have an infection and that she wasn't concerned. Hopefully it was just one of those things xx
  • Hi, glad to hear you've tested clear for urine infections.

Remember that your cervix will produce discharge/mucus throughout your pregnancy which can sometimes look pinky in appearance. As for your wee, if it is dark it can be a sign of dehydration so drink plenty of fluids (it should be clear/very pale yellow if properly hydrated.)